AVOIDING FUEL PROBLEMS.
Try a fuel station that has a lot of turn over. I have heard of a strainer that fits into the fuel inlet of most bikes tanks but has to be carried with you. Cannot remember where I heard about them but supposedly work a treat. Might go and try Google
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
I carry around a small container of metho to avoid this. Everytime you add to a fill.
I think the main problem is particles in the fuel, not water Buzz, so I don't think that metho would help much.
Strainers can be gotten form this site...

http://www.profill-australia.com/e-store/HOME.html

unfortunately they don't make a strainer for a key lockable cap yet I think.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Carrying meths about with you is a bit of a worry....hope you use a plain brown paper bag. As for additives I always use a small amount of injector cleaner every three to six months in all my bikes...even carbed ones and had few fuel filter, (try saying that pissed), problems over the years.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
The build up of water causes micro globulisation. Which in turn generates sludge. By removing the water on occasion you remove one further issue.
Must have been just unlucky, I have 100,000km up on my 2000 bus now and never had even a tiny bit of crap in the tank, I normally use BP98 but go to a variety of servo's out on the road, My 98 TLR had more rust and crap in its tank when I bought it but it had been sitting out in the bush with a half full tank, surprisingly it ran quiet well even with a fuel filter that was full of rust sediment bend belief.
Biker
Have left my 99 with old fuel for months with no prob. Last 3 years fuel longevity non existent. Mas
sive fuel system breakdown preceeded by start up miss.
$1000 later bike running but still need fuel lines and fittings replaced.( can't find a good mechanic ).