INSURANCE
Took Bills lead and called up Shannons insurance today. Got comprehensive insurance agreed value for $561.00 per year. Also able to pay by the month at no extra cost.

No, I don't work for Shannons, just amazed by their rates and thought I would share.

Cheers,
Terry <i></i>
Not bad at all, What about bike mod's how are they on that

sort of stuff. And do they have plans for limited uesage..

Thanks in advance..........Richard...... <i></i>
WTG Terry and richard I listed every single mod done to my bike with them and they totalled up to 52 of them and not a problem at least that way if i do slide it down the road they know what was on there and also they know that most of the parts come from the USA so they are up for big bucks

My costs me $61 / mth and is insured for 18k

Oh and they also cover you for track days Regards Bill

With A Mod Like This On Your Bike You Could Save Money On Bling

I Am Not Racist I Love All Tits Big And Small

<i>Edited by: Xhiler8r&nbsp; at: 22/1/06 10:12 am
</i>
Do you think they will cover me on the Drag Strip

I will change over to them if they can do that.

It will take a load of my mind

Thanks for the info.............Richard..... <i></i>
Whacko! That's awesome for full comp. insurance, esp. including track day cover! As soon as I get mine registered, I'm phoning shannons. Suzi can hit the streets insured for a change!

If they cover track days, they should cover drag racing- no corners, and you're only on the track for ten seconds at a time! <i>Edited by: highwaybruiser at: 22/1/06 1:40 pm
</i>
All well and good to insure you for track days but they are NOT interested in insuring a bike that is ridden to and from work. They are only interested in insuring bikes that spend most of their lives locked in a shed. f*** that - bikes are supposed to be ridden.

What good are they?

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
<i></i>
I work out at a mine site and dont use my thing as much as I

would like to so that suits me to a T <i></i>
Max they said to me I could travel 8000klms a year approximately, they said they dont Police it and if one year happen I to go over then no worries.

The guy also said that tehy would nt be too bothered if I happen to ride to work a couple of times a week.

In saying that I did 16000klms last year so I would be up the shit anyway!

And of course come claim to it would be interesting to see how difficult they were to deal with!

Shayne <i></i>
Good stuff I'll look into it next time
Pan you don't go down the drag strip faster-enougth for anything to happen to your bike
ps you motor is not covered
Cheers Robert
Aren't all 'busas Copper, the others are just copy 'busas!!!!!<i></i>
I just changed to, as I was paying Suncorp $1414 and am now paying $670.

Troy. <i></i>
So what is this "inshoorance thingamejig"?

and will it make my bike go any better?

In over 20 years of owning bikes I've never insured any of them. Only really cried once when I got crunched - about 18 years ago before I learnt that car drivers dont respect bikes.
What I've saved in premiums could probably buy me 2 or 3 new busas. (P.S. and I dont live in Canberra where pricks steal them!-now that would really make me cry) <i></i>
Interesting reading.

I've been ringing around for quotes for the new Bus and got the following:

<b>Shannons</b> don't want touch me even though I'm old ( not as old as Max), have 60% no claim on my current insurance, excellent driving record. They said they insure the enthusiast. I told them I was an enthusiast, so enthusiastic I ride as much as I can. I think HE meant a week end enthusiast.
<b>
NRMA</b> want $1600 a year for full cover no matter how much I ride it.

<b>Western QBE</b> quoted me $990 a year full cover unlimited riding agreed value (inludes Ulysses discount). I could probably get it a bit cheaper if I listed myself as the only rider but I think Max will want some pay back rides. And I WILL really need the cover if he is on it (LOL)

<b>SWANN</b> want $1450 but I have been told they will try to get close to or match my cheapest quote. Been told by other to steer clear of them though.

<b>mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm</b> <i></i>
Busdriver,
Try Arista I have been with them for two years and their prices are good. I'm 42 and put about 20k on mine a year. Premium was $690.00

Bruce

See here, young man, from Walgett to the sea,
From Conroy’s Gap to Castlereagh, there’s none can ride like me.
Banjo Paterson

<i></i>
Yeh, tried Arista too. Sent in a quote request on their internet site. Got the following back:

Thanks for forwarding in your quotation request, However due to our underwriting Guidelines we are unable to insure your motorcycle whilst it is being used as a daily source of transport to work.

Any question regarding the above please contact our office on the number below.

Regards

Carmel Gabin
Customer Service Consultant
Tel: 1300 274 782
Fax: 02 9899 4858
carmel.gabin@aristaunderwriting.com.au
Arista Underwriting Agency
Fax: 02 9899 4858
www.aristaunderwriting.com.au

Maybe I shouldn't be up front with them, but if you make a claim, a small thing like the amout of mileage can cause problems. <i></i>
None of it is ever a problem when you don't make a claim <i></i>