For a GS500F ridden by Kathy

AAMI $693.00 132 244 On-line quote
Allianz $441.00 1300 137 664
CIC-Allianz $440.00 1300 360 340
GIO $694.06 131 010 On-line quote
NRMA $472.38 132 132 On-line quote
QBE $438.00 1300 791 874 On-line quote
Zurich $683.00 1800 811 099

I know people who want to screw the AAMI lady but she will screw you in the end!

Still think it should be $20.00
I just paid $371.03 with GIO
I don't have comprehensive with them either...
Got my first renewal today for the K8.
Current CTP is with QBE and they wanted $650 for renewal. cough cough.
Checked the CTP comparison website and found that once again GIO was the cheapest.
$369.83 but they double checked the validity of the comprehensive insurance that I quoted them to ensure I wasn't lying.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
WTF is child under 16 levee - I dont and wont and never will have a child under 16 on my bike, if parents are carrying <16 yr olds then let them pay for them FFS this country is F@#KED - tempted to go back to the Middle East, at least there I only had to worry about stray bullets and I could shoot cylists if they shit me :)
Egos; everyone got one
BUSGO Wrote:Got my first renewal today for the K8.
Current CTP is with QBE and they wanted $650 for renewal. cough cough.
Checked the CTP comparison website and found that once again GIO was the cheapest.
$369.83 but they double checked the validity of the comprehensive insurance that I quoted them to engreenslipsure I wasn't lying.

Cool thanks Busgo, my turn
G'day
renewed one of mine yesterday, GIO renewal $342.15
Most of the alternatives were the $600 or so.
Regards
Kevin
NSW CTP Green Slip Insurance
Q. Where's your "Product Disclosure Statement" that is a legal requirement of all other insurance in Australia?

A. You won't get one. The Communist NSW Labor Govt & their F-UCK-WHIT mate Bob Carr passed legislation so you do not.

You can not even take the Communist bas-tards of the NSW RTA & the NSW Motor Accidents Authority to court for the 1st 3 years.
This is known as the Communist NSW Labor Governments Compulsory 3 Year Starvation Period, in which time, due to the Communist Governments collusion with the Rip off insurance companies may attempt to mak you sh_it offers as a victim.
[attachment=4919]
[attachment=4920]

However, get wiped out by a drunk woman driver on a Queensland road whilst riding a NSW Registered motorcycle when you finally do get to take them to court, you can then screw em for the lot ie not subject to any of Bob Carrs Rip Off Legislation or LIMITS, under Queensland Law.

For christ sake, double the premiums, give us all a proper "Product Disclosure Statement" and we'll all move to Queensland you Communist, Purposely Deceptive, Fraudulent Communist Labor Government BAS-TARDS!
It's good to know my father fought the Japanese in the 2nd World War so that Mogrel Carr could turn around and scew us all like this!
If the Japs wone the war you'd be guaranteed that AR-SE-HOLE CARR would now working as a Japanese speaking screw in a prison!BikerHayabusaAustralia2Scary
busakid08 Wrote:WTF is child under 16 levee - I dont and wont and never will have a child under 16 on my bike, if parents are carrying <16 yr olds then let them pay for them FFS this country is F@#KED - tempted to go back to the Middle East, at least there I only had to worry about stray bullets and I could shoot cylists if they shit me :)
As cyclists pay for no NSW CTP Greenslip insurance, if ya wipe one out they have the option of sueing u for the lot, and/or NSW CTP insurance. You have no options. I now live on a road that if full of idiots on racing pushbikes who persist in riding 3 a-beam travelling at 20kmph in 60kmph hour zones and are such a major tacket for a wooden box and u know what other MAKE EM PAY & drop our premiums you STUPID IDOITS NSW RTA & Motor Accidents Authority.
I never have a pillion, not before the sh-i-t hit the fan before or after for the exact reason "my current physical & mental condition", I now ride with a USA "DOT" Shoei yankee helmet as I'm the one that had a frontal cerabral brain injury whilst using shi-- Shark Helmet with a useless Australian Standards sticker on it
Hey Gruntmax,

Sorry to read about your accident and grief.

Mate, I dont want to upset you but the only helmeets that are legal in NSW are ones that comply with, and are certified (ie display) the apropriate Aust Standard sticker. If you wear others your risk 3 demerit points plus fine.

Now for my CTP prices for a mature rider, no other rider, no demerit points, no accidents etc

GIO $410 (currently insured with them and get significant discount).
CIC Allianz $500
AON (02 9683 0900) $411

Cheers

Steventh
Aust standards are the required minimum, the snell dot rating is higher. Any snell dot rated helmet should also have an aust standards sticker on it.
Hi 2wheelfreak

Just to clarify your post;

The critical part of your post is that it "should have the AS sticker on it", not that the DOT is a "higher" standard.

The Australian Standard is THE ONLY Standard that is recognised for use in Australia. Other standards may have "higher" performance requirements but unless they are tested by the relevant Aust testing authority which authorises their compliance with AS1698 they are illegal.

Just because a helmet has DOT or other certification does not mean it has been tested and therrfore complies with the Australian Standard (which also specifies the testing requirements and who can conduct the tests).

So if it aint got the AS1698 sticker its not legal.

Cheers
Totally agree with your statement. I thought it was illegal to sell a helmet without an Aust std sticker over here tho.
Hi,

Apparently not. Another Busa member posted recently that he bought a helmet and the importer told him it complied and (wrongly) that the sticker wasn't necessary.

Cheers

Stventh
Ahh, didn't realise that. I know my helmet has the snell dot rating sticker & also the aust std sticker, as have some of the other helmets I'm looking to replace it with.
Anyone selling a helmet that doesn't comply should surely be leaving themselves open for prosecution tho.
My understanding is that you can sell what you want as long as its not misrepresented (and how do you prove a conversation). What you wear is legislated not what is sold.

If I remeber correctly Ive seen some helmets with stickers saying things like "Novelty Item Only" etc ie German WWII helmets worn by some bike riders. A bit like the smaller direction indicators that are sold as "Running Lights" but usually replace the larger OEM indicators.

Cheers