Time for a new chain
Tongue 
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
50K for a chain seems average but then it will depend on your riding style. If your adjuste=ments are getting more regular recently then I would say the chain is 99% of it with maybe sprockets the other 1% due to excess wear while use.
A chain should hve about 150 links and if each link only wears 1/10th of a mm thats stll over 15mm in total stretch or about 7-8mm in adjustment. more if wear is higher....

Get your self the best quality you can afford and replace both front and rear spockets while at it. This will also give you a good baseline for future replacement... front:rear:chain ratios.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
only every replaced 1 busa chain and I used a RK GB530GXW Chain GOLD and a set of sprockets form ebay lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I had to edit last post as I out int he wrong chain LOL rechecked packaging and found it was different to invoice. Now chain type in post is correct

A known supporter of AHC, Pashnit, sells both chain and sprocket kits and I know they KNOW their gear
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Hahaaha. f*** man! You sound even more pissed than I am!
I had to edit last post as I out int he wrong chain.... Hahaha

BTW... Thanks for the tips big guy. ;-)
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
expect $400-600 for chain and sprocket kit

the sprockets should be about same price as a chain, you could try ebay for cheaper and they even sell the good brands too at a reduced price
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

G'day
And a chain oiler will extend the life of the chain and sprockets if you fit the oiler at the same time as new chain...
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

(28-08-2016, 06:43am)kev11e Wrote: G'day
And a chain oiler will extend the life of the chain and sprockets if you fit the oiler at the same time as new chain...

A chain oiler? I thought those only existed on pre 1970 boat anchors. Haha how do they work and where can I get one?
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
G'day
There are a few around but I have used and liked the Scottoiler. Google it I'd guess. Canberra MC might be the aussie agent.
I have the electric jobbie on my new bus. Very smart.
I have found in the past they can double chain life.
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

Only done 48000 kms! I reckon that's a pretty good run for the original chain!
Go with another standard Suzuki chain ( and sprockets of course). I used DID and think they look the goods!
I would normally get about 30 000km out of a chain. 48 000 is sensational. At those amount of kms the sprockets will have well and truly worn into your old chain. Bite the bullet and put new sprockets on as well. The bike will ride much better for it and your chain and sprockets will last another 48 000km.