High rise exhaust
Hi Gang,

I'm in the market for a high rise exhaust system like the HMF high exit as shown at www.hayabusaparts.com/exhaust_hmf.htm

I figure that with the high exhaust and the pipe routed inside the rear footpeg hangers, that I would be able to lower the pillion pegs a few inches and shut up my wife's constant complaining. I can order an HMF system over the web, but am loathe to do so if it means getting the bike defected by the gestapo on the way to the Mt White Cafe.

Does anyone know of a high rise exhaust similar to the HMF that is legal in Oz? Also, I figure that the high cans would mean that I could no longer use my saddle bags. Any thoughts? Also, I am a little concerned that the heat from the cans might make them unpleasant for the pillion. :">

If anyone has experience with high rise cans please give me your thoughts.

Cheers Frank
Sydney <i></i>
Gonzo,

I have a HMF Hi-mount system on my bike. I brought it from the states & had no problems. There is a few things to be aware of when installing them. If you want to drop me a e-mail at tetherin@utas.edu.au or tony.etherington@hydro.com.au I can supply you with a photo of the system on my bike (I'd post it here but don't know how), the contact details of the people to deal with in the states (they were really good) & other stuff - Its getting to close to beer o'clock to type it all out now.

Just breifly the finish is excellent, the sound is unbelievable and they give you a pretty good power increase - I had mine dyno'd & remapped & I'm stoked .

I was over for the motoGP & a few people asked me about them - you weren't one of them?

Anyway drop us a line & I'd be grad to tell u what I know

Tony <i></i>
The HMF system looks great in the pics but if you are fussy about build quality then beware. They are no where as good as yoshi, akro, or muzzy equipment. Also the S/S pipes are only linished S/S and not chromed, the clamps are basic with zinc plated bolts and the high mount S/S brackets really do look they come out of some backyard fab shop.

I also have pics of where the TIG welding on the headers wasn't finished off and ended up with 3mm x 0.7mm hole. This was at the change in section not far from the flanges. Also the ally TIG welding on the cans is so so.... integrity is OK but weld appearance is very ordinary.

It is a unique system and the concept of the design is great, just a pity it wasn't finished off like the other top end brands <i></i>
Gonzo I am about to be a distributor for the HMF Exhausts, hopefully early next year, if you are interested in the high rise let us know, also anyone else from the hyabusa club that are interested give us a mail at
info@easyriderimports.com.au
I should be able to give you adiscount.
Ray <i></i>
Get something made up that exit under the seat. <i></i>
I to am looking at he HMF high mounts just have 1 question for now where the f*** are the indicators now <i></i>
See Tony's blue busa with the high rise HFM dual he puts the blinkers next to the exhaust without a new undertail, looks good <i></i>
Xhiler8r, if you like I can send (e-mail) you some pics of my set-up, I'd post them but I haven't worked out how yet.

Tony

<i></i>
Xhiler8r, I had some luck working out how to post pics - heres some of the Hi-mounts on my bike.

<i></i>
No luck mate <i></i>
No luck mate with the pics <i></i>
hey there evero yep send away here is my email addy renegadesrealm@optushome.com.au and if ya like i will run you through posting pics once you know how you gonna think why did it take me so long to work this out

regards Bill <i></i>