Bike Won't Fire
(30-04-2017, 11:24am)CeeJay07 Wrote: Hi all,
          I haven't been on here for quite a while, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Just got back a few weeks ago from an awesome week-long ride with a couple of mates and the wives down thru Jindy, Cann River, Omeo etc and the bike was faultless.
          Just put a new LED brake light in yesterday, went to go for a run and the bike winds over but doesn't fire. Battery is good, plugs replace about 12months ago....what could it be????

By the way, it's a 2007 Gen 1 with about 60,000kms on it, flashed by Pitstop Pete.
Could it be fuel related? Bike was running sweet as up until yesterday.

Cheers
CeeJay07

It seems too coincidental that you installed LED lights and now it won't fire.... what was involved in installing the light ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Unplug the old one and plug in the new one.....really that's all there was to do
Whaddya mean there's no bourbon left????
Scary Wtf
Clagged injectors?
Almost forgot about this.....for those that are interested, it ended up being dirty electrical connectors on the fuel pump....bike is back on the road and singing like she used to
Whaddya mean there's no bourbon left????
Scary Wtf
Good to hear that it's running sweet again.
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

and now a HQ 1 tonner project
(29-04-2018, 07:42pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: Almost forgot about this.....for those that are interested, it ended up being dirty electrical connectors on the fuel pump....bike is back on the road and singing like she used to

About  eight or nine months ago my fuel pump shit itself. No probs I thought, so I got a Hamilton aftermarket  pump and rebuilt the pump. This is an external pump. All seemed fine on the day, but the next day the motor cranked but no start. I eventually realized I was blowing fuses so figured there was a short somewhere. I went around the world trying to figure where the short was. I eventually walked away in disgust for 5 months or so. Mind you the bike started if applied direct 12 volt supply. Anyways, this shit  had to be sorted out so I procured another pump  from a member  and was about to install, when I decided to spit my rebuilt fuel/pump, which I rebuilt by the way.
Inside the bastard are two wires and I had pinched the pos wire. Not cut it but enough to break the insulation! and enough to give me grief and sleepless months...
I,m going for a ride in the morning :)