Factory Can Q
Hey there it's been a while since my last post. Had a few dramas now back on track. Sold the '03 Black and Grey and bought a '05 Red and Black from Mick Hone MC in Melbourne a few weeks back. Nice bike, stock standard with (had) 2500km on the clock. The guy that had it before me had trouble with the weight on his wrists so had to sell.

Anyway my question is: The three domed cap screws on the end of the factory cans, if I carefully grind the spot welds and remove these cap screws will that allow me to pull the can to pieces ??

Cheers Rich <i></i>
Have a read here Rich

p083.ezboard.com/faustralianhayabusaclubfrm15.showMessage?topicID=41.topic Cheers Bill

The Blingaholic

<i></i>
Thanks for your reply Bill. Was hoping someone would confirm that the three cap screws hold the whole deal together before I start grinding.

Cheers Rich <i></i>
They don't, see the other posts about altering standard cans.
I ground them off and all it reveals is a steel plate. It doesn't easily come apart! <i></i>
True, but if you're willing to drill out the ally plate under that cap and remove the center pipe it adds a whole lot of noise to your bike. only problem is once it's done it cant be undone unless you know someone with a tig welder who is good with aluminium. <i></i>