Pair System
Does anyone know where to buy the block off plates if I remove the pair system.
Thanks Gixxer <i></i>
Hi there,

Tap the holes, and wind in a grub screw. Make sure you dont put shavings into your exhaust ports though. I think they tap M8 from memory.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Red/Grey Bog standard except for bling and a kanooter valve. Oh and a turbo kit on the floor.
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!
Member of the SHAG group.
Red Bikes Rule!!!!!<i></i>
Even easier and no rish of swarf into the motor.
Use the standard plates cut the tubes - crimp the ends and braise them shut. No one can see them anyway and much cheaper than block off plates. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
Thanks for the ideas,it certainly will be cheaper
Cheers Gixxer <i></i>
Gixxer, we make billet block off plates if you want some nice ones.
Ours will runn you around $44.00
We're out of stock at the moment but will be making another batch soon.
Normally if we do a customers cylinder head we put a set on free of charge as they look a lot better than pieces of crimped over pipe.
As someone else said, you could tap the port and put in a grub screw, but be very careful about swarf getting into any exhaust valves that are being held open.

As I mentioned, we are out of stock at the moment but we are making another batch soon. They will be anodised and engraved like most other things we manufacture.

Greig
www.mperacingonline.com <i></i>
tap M6 and use cap head bolt...stuff rag down exhaust port.

Bruces' method cheapest, and easiest. and no one can see .

block off plates easy too, just $44bucks

taping holes, removing pipes, stuffing rags etc....pita ..if ya have motor out then its another story.

<i></i>
That sounds Pair enough
FF1 <i></i>
so what else needs to be done to remove the system? <i></i>
Why do you want to remove it ??? <i></i>
Plug a couple of hoses mate you will see which ones. Or better still leave it on and hook her up for crankcase scavenging. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
thought it was the thing to do? <i></i>
On a stock exhaust the pair can be there or not , won't make much difference but with an aftermarket exhaust it will cackle and pop on overrun , easiest fix is a marble in the air line from the airbox to the pair . <i></i>