Muzzy Alloy Blades For Busa
No Probs Richard shall do ..................hows things going up there Richard ..............long time no chat ?
FF1 <i></i>
I bought 1 of these 2 years ago...and it's still on the shelf.

I bought it because I thought the OEM blades were melting from the 4 into 1 downpipes on the exhaust, (because that's what everyone says), even though I wasn't having any cooling problems.

Well, the blades weren't melting, they look like they're cut to fit, which I think you have to do with these aluminium fans as well.

Then we were told the ali fans had an extra blade which kept the radiator cooler, but that's not true either.

Way to go is 2 fan set up, with a manual over-ride switch for city riding. 2 busa fans fit, (but it's tight), or a 1k fan which I believe is smaller and easier to put on.

While all the stuff is off the bike you may as well put the ali fans on if that's your preference, but I don't think they make that much difference on an un-modded or slightly modded busa.

I haven't gone 2 fan set up, because I don't get stuck in city traffic anymore.

<i></i>
Well having removed plenty of fan blades from Busas melted (fitted with 4 into one or single pipe wall headers) from minor melt down to others that have melted so badly that they have stuck the blades to the shroud ...............I'm convinced. They also draw more air due to pitch of blades, no cutting of blades is required at all, simply check that blades do not foul after fitting, but have not had to trim any as yet.
FF1 <i></i>
Yep, Pete.

Had the plastic fan melt on my 99 model with the Yoshi 4 into 1 system...........

I remember the day. I arrived home (Hot Day) left the bike running while I opened the garage door. Rode the bike in and heard a strange noise and bits of black plastic flying out from the front of the bike. (The thermo fan kicked in) Black cheese was found on the floor and the edges of all the blades had turned Camembert! (small rich soft Normandy cheese....)

Must check the 02 model with the Ackro system.

Me thinks it's still okay?

Cheers, <i></i>
Hey Pete can you throw in a set of those brake lines you said

you had laying around and tell me how much extra for shipping

I am going to take my bike down to MPE in Brisveagas and

they are going to fit up my 1397 and do some porting on the

head, they tell me that they have one cut down and are

trying some new ideas with the exhaust side of things. Can't

get anyone up this way to do work so will just have to go

south. I am trying to get 200 to 210hp out of her and that

should ( on paper ) get me into low 9's.... ...

Your Thoughts

Regards Richard ( I hope my baby fly's if not then will have to

spring for a crank and rods).... <i></i>
I stand to be corrected on the whole ali blade thing, but I'm waiting for a need to change it.

Maybe riding on the motorway all the time prevents having those melting problems, - I only hear my fan come on a few times a year, - when stuck at lights in Parramatta.

Used to be a bigger problem when I lived in Sydney. Frame got so hot, it melting through insulation on wiring and caused a short that would turn the bike off, and not start again.

Isn't there a small pink-ish disc that has to be fitted with the ali fan (comes with it). Is it essential? <i></i>
Richard better to get a tried and true port job than an experimental , there is combinations of bore size, port size,valve size & cam that yeild good results, Gazza could probably offer good info in this area, also check the "All Motor" at Suzukihayabusa.org & take note of posts on porting from guys like Daikenbusa and Darkfalcon,
Done properly 210 shouldn't be all that hard to achieve, bit like baking a cake.Follow a recipe and you will get the desired result. <i></i>
Throwdown that disc you speak of is an insulator that stops heat convection into the motor from the "now" metal fan blades. I would advise that it is used as in the long term may damage motor. Knowing the "Cheesy" content of a Busa as Giddy would say, the fan bearings are probably nylon
FF1 <i></i>
hey Maj what are we talking about in dollar terms to get a busa to have 210hp on all motor no juice 4-5k maybe or more and what other things need to be done to have that power there, also would it be a good reliable street bike or just a track bike after that this might be my way instead of going snail power dunno yet I do know nos is not gonna happen Cheers Bill

The Blingaholic

<i></i>
Have bin looking at Hay.org and sent Email to Jay from APE

And is going to cost $2000US for one of there head's

out right. So I am trying to get some thing done here in OZ

I try and have some faith in people who want to help get

you going. So hopefully I don't get done over. You guys will

be the first to know if it all works or just turns to shit.

But $2000US is a bit to rich for me at the moment may be

latter on if I start to step up another notch or two then I

may have to look at it again.

Thanks for your input it all helps.....Regards Richard <i></i>
Ok you thread stealers Alloy Muzzy fans back in stock.
There were several that wanted them ........yell out ?
FF1 <i></i>
Yes please, I have sent Grant a PM to see if he still wants 1

if I dont here back from him in a few days I will get you to

send mine up to me..........is this ok....sory to hijack your post

Regards Richard <i></i>
yep, send mine and richards together thankyou.. <i></i>
On there way guys
FF1 <i></i>
Busa Muzzy Alloy Blades back in stock and also Gixxer Thou (for those that run the twin fan set up)
FF1 <i></i>