Communicator / Cell Phone / Mp3 Headsets
In the process of bringing in some more of these units. Have been using the earlier version for about 6 years now and also pretty sure Dirtbags is using them also. Have had a great run with them and now they also feature cell phone hook up as well as the other Mp3 / Walkman connectors they have all ways had. These units are great, and if using Mp3 etc or when cell phone calls or other parties talk to you mutes music automatically.

So you get bike to bike communication, rider to pillion and also able to hook anything into unit that use's the simple jack plug connection.

Earlier Version as above I have been using for 6 + years As you can see the new version is a lot more compact and streamlined.

Just seeing what interest is there as to quantity order
Price should be around $350 for the Rider set up that gives everything except communication to pillion. The Pillion headset an extra $115

FF1
<i>Edited by: fasterfaster1 at: 16/6/06 10:34 pm
</i>
Spaman the unit on the side of helmet contains all except the battery pack. Have also used it in conjunction with radar detector (off road of course) As for music and phone regards concentration and balance you will find training can over ride it .............. pilots communicate aviate and navigate, car racers etc just a matter of learning to multi task and apply ones thoughts to the critical task at hand. Pilots for example are trained to Aviate navigate and then communicate in that order. A good example is to watch people on a mobile in a car .............some drive unaffected whilst others struggle to even stay on the road sadly for us riders
Can honestly say over the years the communicator has saved my ass and friends on more than one occassion as when your out riding with others it's like having many sets of eyes .............. so what one may miss the other riders pick up
FF1 <i>Edited by: fasterfaster1 at: 17/6/06 12:29 pm
</i>
Is there a physical link between the helmet mounted unit and the main receiver.I question the safety of music or mobile phone use on a bike,i find it tends to affect concentration and sense of balance, however for bike to bike,or rider to passenger it looks good.I,m also looking whether the receiver could plug into a shall we say, warning system which provides audible alerts only inside the helmet.I was looking into this with the HUD units but theyre only visual as far as I know. <i></i>
For road riding i don,t do enough of it to multitask yet but i understand your point to learn each task in the right order.I honestly think their is a definite benefit here for radar detectors and bike to bike communications for many reasons of safety and security on group rides.I,m definitely looking down this path before my licence comes back.I see it as relatively cheap insurance and peace of mind so i can multitask better. <i></i>
radar detector, now your talking. who wants hip hop with a busa screamin in your ear. <i></i>
Quote:Price should be around $350 for the Rider set up that gives everything except communication to pillion

And with?

And how much for a pillion unit? <i></i>
Radar detector!! that would mean you are in the electronics industry and use it for testing purposes only <i></i>
p.s. how do the ear-pieces mount? I seem to recall you put yours permanently in, under the helmet lining?? <i></i>
Dirtbags does use em and swears by em.
They look a little ugly if I can say but new model doesn't have the big thick arial as per older units.

I must agree great safety and commun tool especially re police, debris on road etc.

And lets be honest, a fun toy to use too! Cheers,
Pete

djpete@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,
Photography, Bullshit Artist!<i>Edited by: Djpete&nbsp; at: 17/6/06 11:05 am
</i>
so say 4 mates have one each.
How do you lock into a particular person or are they just tuned in to one other unit sort of preset and that's it?
In other words they work between two bikes only? Cheers,
Pete

djpete@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,
Photography, Bullshit Artist!<i></i>
Richard the pillion units are $79.95 US and I'm pretty sure that you can buy a complete set up at less than putting the two costs together..... or at least you could do ? I have the speakers under liner and they are great as clear as even over 200 K as long as your helmet is not worn out and noisy.
Dj the units are on a set frequency, you could have 20 people on if you wanted to, and if you order over a certian amount of units, you can even get a set "club" frequency. The old units were set at 49.9 Mghz from memory, but the new units are a much higher frequency and give a better range than the earlier versions. Your correct they can be a heap of fun amongst a group and certianly make the miles tick as jokes and comments on others riding get bandied about.
Oh also nearly forgot you can go private also DJ so if you want to whisper sexy stuff to your mate on the back, you can do so without the others hearing your wild thoughts about pink panties and such like. <i></i>
Sorry i meant microwave leakage detector(undetectable of course).I know motorcyclist are individualist but i think the concept is a good one that would help peace of mind and enjoyment on our (speed traps) roads. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
Glen can you get me a couple of hundred of them
Cheers Robert
Aren't all 'busas Copper, the others are just all poor slow copies !!!!!<i></i>
This can still be purchased as a complete "Touring Package" which includes both Rider and Pillion Headsets with battery pack, charger and all connector leads and would work out at around $50 Aust less than buying the units seperately. So you basically end up getting the pillion unit for only $60 more than it is to buy just the rider unit on it's own .
FF1 <i>Edited by: fasterfaster1 at: 18/6/06 9:00 am
</i>
So pete whats the all up for a rider to rider set up with the configuration i,m interested in.This could be used to voice out lap times from the pits on track days. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>