LEDs.
Is anyone any good at LEDs? Preferably with a background in auto elecs and with nothing better to do and a heap of patience. I have been mucking around with a bunch of them but pretty much flying blind (regardless of how many nerd books I've read on it). If anyone feels like making a few bucks (probably), drop me an email and we'll get something cooking. I have an idea that is pretty cool.

While I'm at it, is anyone a pretty handy seamstress. I have my moments but I want to make some special bags. I have made a prototype but it isn't cutting it (I have an overlocker and pro sewing machine on deck, lack of skill is holding me back). Low volume blokey stuff. Tough gig to make a bag look blokey.

regards,
Glen.

Thunder_composites@primusonline.com.au <i></i>
Gday Glenn,
Im in hiding till i finish your site , been overseas working etc. I am a auto lec by trade and leds are easy to me send in to me and ill do it, fast i promise I have a mate down the road who's missus is a seamstress with a garage business , she has all the right industrial machines etc to do your job and do it right

cheers

Webdesigner, Photographer and all round hoon :)<i>Edited by: Doohan at: 3/10/06 8:18 pm
</i>
You are on brother. I'll be in touch. <i></i>
I would love to put some blue LED lights on my bike.
Ok, I can hear some of you laughing Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Brigitte<i></i>
You'll match a couple of current members...

Oh, and why blue, why not pink??? <i></i>
Do what I'm doing and several others have already done. NEON'S, yeah baby.

Bring on the fish tank comments <i></i>
The bike is blue Demeester. The pink bits are on top

well apart from the number plate Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Brigitte<i></i>
1x fluro underneath
2x led clusters under rear wheel gaurd
1x each side rear small grill

Total cost around 80 smakeroos.
Time around 2 hrs including drinking time.

Value for bling....10 outta 10

Summary: Highly recommended.

Cheers,
Pete

zweb@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design, Photography, Bullshit Artist!<i>Edited by: Djpete&nbsp; at: 3/10/06 10:36 pm
</i>
that photo doesn't do em justice Pete. I just need to work out what colour would work best with my bike <i></i>
I have something very interesting and user friendly in mind. Wait out guys. BTW: blue or red will get you pinched by the coppers. (I doubt that you are riding with them turned on though). <i></i>
Quote:(I doubt that you are riding with them turned on though)

um, mabey DJ should be paying attention to this

I'll be running mine off a switch, for that reason but its all a pipe dream till I get all the replacement fairings etc anyhow. <i></i>
Glenn,
I rang and spoke to coppers before fitting and told them exactly what I was doing.
His words were "as long as there is no red in the front of the bike and the blue ones are not beaming into other drivers eyes then go for it." Cheers,
Pete

zweb@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design, Photography, Bullshit Artist!<i></i>
That is eaxctly what I want to do to my bike Pete.

Just fitting them is my problem. Need to do some sort of course so I can do all these things myself Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Brigitte<i></i>
Give Gdyup a call PA.
He will give you some tips.
Or Rocket maybe?
Have a chat with them at tonight if you are there,,, Cheers,
Pete

zweb@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design, Photography, Bullshit Artist!<i></i>
Legal?

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

When I bought them in Japan, I thought they were white.

You could try a store where all the truckies go for their LED clearance lights. Get some amber ones.

I am thinking of a white strobe light on the front. The colour shouldn't be a problem and it sure as well screams " Hey you blind dick, something is coming at you, have a better look"

<i>Edited by: Busdriver&nbsp; at: 4/10/06 5:37 pm
</i>