Wheel Balance
When dealers fit new tyres they usually balance them with whatever state of the art equipment they posess - which in many cases is just an ancient static bubble balancer.

How critical is wheel balance on the busa? and
How often should they be re-done? and
What is the latest equipment being used to carry this out?

Les <i></i>
G'day Les,

I've used a static balancer for the last 16 years. We sold off the electronic balancer when we found various bikes still had problems. No such problems since.

However, I suppose it depends on the quality of the balance that counts.

I would assuming the bike was mine balance the wheels at say 2500 km intervials, hoping the tyres lasted that long>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Regards Col <i></i>
I've used most of the latest (expensive) wheel balancers and found them to be less reliable than the tried and tested bubble.
Have a look in the pits at the next GP or Supers and see how many of the suppliers are using an electronic balancer.
I seem to replace tyres frequently and have not had to change the balance weight on the wheels for the last dozen or so tyres.
Tyres are awfully good these days - a lot better than wheels. <i></i>
Often the simpler solution can be better than the modern attempt to be smarter.... The bubble never fails to rise to the highest point... <i></i>
Thats it demeester but what happens if you add an uneven floor into the equation? just a thought to provoke the thinkers BBB <i></i>
G'day all,

Sorry, but I don't use the bubble method, I use a static balancer that blances the wheel in the rotation it was ment to go in. We do all wheels this way including my own drag bike which has hit just on 170 mph and I can tell you it's smoothe at these speeds. I have run with an out of balance wheel once, because I forgot to balance it, won't do that again, as the vibrations were so bad I could'nt see anything.

Regards Col <i></i>
Since i put the new dunlop on the back i experience a vibration over 250km/h . I am quite sure its the back wheel. Is there a sure fire way to get it balanced correctly??. I heard the machine spin up when they balanced it and it sounded like it was doing about 2rpm !

JEs
<i></i>