Clutch needed when starting
Read quite a while ago, about someone who wanted the bike to start if in Neutral, without needing the clutch (Therefore able to start the bike with one hand, if standing next to it).

a) Is there a good reason that the clutch is still required, even if the bike is in neutral,

b) Can this modification be done easily enough <i></i>
G'day Richard,

The clutch switch allows voltage to be seen by the starter relay, so when you pull the clutch lever in the switch enables the starter button.

If you wish to bypass this system (I would not recomend it) you could either remove the clutch switch from the lever, or you could join the wires coming from the switch. Either way would work.

Regards Col <i></i>
But that would then allow the bike to start without clutch, even if a gear were engaged, correct? If that is correct, then I understand why you would not recommend it, and I wouldn't consider it (far too risky). I only want this if the bike is in neutral. It is not a problem when on the bike, but when I come out in the morning, helmet, gloves, sunnies, bag in hand, and I want the bike to warm up, I find it annoying to have to put everything down/on first.... <i></i>