Oil Leak
The bike has had a three week rest, when I went to go on a ride yesterday I noticed oil on the floor. Probably only 5-10mls. The bike has done 50,000klms has anyone one had a similar problem.. <i></i>
Sure its not chain lube? <i></i>
Positive, Took it on a run today and at each stop there is noe a small loss the size of a 20 cent coin. It is mid-engine on the right hand side.

I will have to get it looked at, but timing of this problem could well have coincided with my last service, heres hoping it is a losse sump plug or missing washer. Am taking it to another service person.. <i></i>
Sounds pretty basic, but have you checked to see if the oil filter it on tight enough? I recently heard a similar story. It turned out to be the oil filter. Worth checking, eh!
Cheers Phil.
<i></i>
It was coming from the sump plug, so went back to the dealer. Behold their records showed that the sealing washer had never been replaced and the bike has done 50,000klms. They apologised I accepted the free oil and have now found a dedicated mechanic who has a great rep and works from home. <i></i>
I could be wrong, but I dont recall having a washer with the OEM sump plug as its a built in one. But havent used that in a while as I stuffed the thread and have one of them screwy new threads with a different plug. Am due to replace the sump pan eventually and go back to original plug. Not coz of cosmetics but threads not holding 100%. <i></i>