Lowering the bus???
Just looking at some of those pics posted by Xhiler8er (sorry if I buggered that up.. ) In a couple of the pics and the dude mentions it in the tail assembly guide...lowering the bike..this would help me as the gods in their infinite wisdom found it humourous to bless me with duck's disease..yes..my arse is too close to the ground... I'm only talking about lowering the bike an inch or so...does anybody know how this is acheived ...or does anybody know anybody who can do this??? Although I've been riding for 18 years, this is the most expensive bit of machinery I've owned...I'd hate to drop the bloody thing at walking pace..very embarrassing... not to mention expensive. Cheers To the last I will grapple with thee; from Hell's heart I stab at thee; for Hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.
<i></i>
I havent a clue if this product is what you might be looking for but came across it and heres the link for you to research;
www.hayabusaparts.com/links.htm
Oh, a belated welcome to the board. <i></i>
I've seen these linkages before.Problam is it will lower the arse end but that would make the steering even slower than std which is not a good thing.I even dropped the tripple clamps to make the thing steer a bit quicker than std. <i></i>
Thanks for the input..I knew I'd have to lower both ends..the front is pretty simple, as you say Rod just slip the forks thru the triple clamps..it was the rear I thought I was gonna have problems with... To the last I will grapple with thee; from Hell's heart I stab at thee; for Hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.
<i></i>
The busa has pretty poor ground clearance as it is, I was under the impression people only lowered their bikes for drag racing. Ride it around lowered and you'll be through those engine cases in no time. A similarly afflicted friend on an older bike had his seat cut and remoulded. Don't know, but maybe some of the aftermarket seats would put you lower to the ground? <i></i>
Hmmm...thanks for that..something else to look into.. To the last I will grapple with thee; from Hell's heart I stab at thee; for Hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.
<i></i>
I know someone that has some platform shoes left over from the 70s. (Rev) That might fix the problem reaching the ground, changing gears mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
<i></i>
Another option though probably not cheap is to take your bike to Bob Martin Engineering and actually get the rear sub frame lowered.I know of some girls who have had this done.Im certainly not calling you a girl either! <i></i>
No offence taken..a girl who lives nearby was telling me she had her SV650 lowered by them...looks like a good job too. To the last I will grapple with thee; from Hell's heart I stab at thee; for Hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.
<i></i>
Hi there Blue one, and welcome comrad.

We bought an Aprilia Falco three weeks ago for my beautiful lady and she was having a few problems reaching the ground comfortably both sides. I lowered the front about 8mm, and the back a little without making it to spongy, and took the seat to a nearby upholsterer. He shaved a bit out of each side narrowing the centre of the seat by about 3/4 inch each side and it has made a world of difference. It cost $33 and would have taken less than an hour to do. And compared to the other two mods I did to lower it (although she did need them as well) made the most difference giving her nearly an extra inch reach both sides.

There's my 33 bucks worth and 5 minutes.

Cheers, Goldie. <i></i>
This guy in the USA does really professional looking cut seats and also makes a sissy pad for the pillion seat. I would have done it but the shipping cost on top of his cost blows the price out of the water. I plan to take the pics to a good auto trimmer and see if he can come up with something similiar.

www.suzukihayabusa.org/cg...588#000002 <i></i>
Thanks all, I'll try the seat option first...someone also mentioned to me that the 1999 seat was a different cut to the current (2003) model... To the last I will grapple with thee; from Hell's heart I stab at thee; for Hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.
<i></i>