Hayabusa hard to start
Well like the topic says my bike is becoming hard to start but not always. The starter motor is going and it seems to be going at a normal pace, doesnt sound like the battery is flat to me. We tryed increasing the idle speed fuel level and didnt seem to help too much. Somtimes it starts sweet other times it will take a while as in 10 seconds or more to kick in but then it runs sweet. It doesnt seem to be a hot or cold problem with the bike as i can ride it down the road stop at a shop and come out and it will still be hard to start and other times it will start first go when i get up in the morning. I live in mackay and cant really get to a proper tuning shop so any ideas ? <i></i>
Always start with the simple things.How long ago did you change your spark plugs????Is the fuel quality ok????? <i></i>
Yeah i changed my spark plugs last week to see if that would help also , even put hotter plugs (8's) in to see if it made a difference but to no avail. Apon further investigation i think it is mainly when the bike is cold that its not starting properly but like i said before i can go on a short ride and it wont start easily after i stop either. <i></i>
Check your air filter, sometimes if it dosen't breath enough air it fouls the plugs. <i></i>
little fuel filter may have gunk, fuel flow interuppted. Jets? clean? <i></i>
did you carefully examine the old spark plugs, they always have a story to tell you...... <i></i>
my old spark plugs were a nice grey colour similar to this boards grey actually lol but they had a bit of black around the outer ring. I havent cleaned my jets or my filter yet , i have a k&n air filter and my airbox has been guted but this has never caused any problems before but ill try cleaning my airfilter and how do i clean my jets ? <i></i>