Clutches, gearboxes and Alzheimers
G'day
Did I put a comment regarding noises and tuning at tentenths here last week? Or do I have Alzheimers?
Cause I thought I did. Was it unacceptable? What day is it?
Kevin <i></i>
Can't remember reading anything in here about ten tenths Kev...ain't it a bitch when you can't remember which forum your logged into??? Jules - always smiling, it keeps everyone guessing!
<i></i>
Attack of old timers, I think... <i></i>
Well, I'll try again...
Along with most others I had a noisy clutch / gearbox at idle, and black clutch fluid. And was overdue for valve clearance adjustment and injector service.
So the 'bus spent a day at tentenths (best thing I ever did), while it was there the TRE mod was done and BTL clutch replaced.
The clutch replacement seems to have eliminated most of the idle noise. The tuning and TRE seems to have smoothed it out nicely at lowish revs and to have lightened the front wheel a tad. It certainly lifts at lower revs now anyway :-) Riding up Hawkesbury Rd at Winmalee which has a couple of hairpins is now much more enjoyable with the smooth change between power off and power on.
Col's comment re clutch fluid was - if gunk can get in through the seals, why does fluid not get out? You would think it should. And he has observed that a couple of buses with braided lines do not have dirty fluid, so possibly (only possibly) it is related to the hydraulic hose material. I know - what about the brake lines? Well, are they the same spec? Subject to the same operating parameters? I don't know. Neither does Col I suspect.
Any how, a recommendation for Col's service and knowledge at Tentenths. No affiliation, kickback graft or corruption etc, and I'm sorry for everyone else, but he is in southwest Sydney area.
Regards
Kevin <i></i>
Its alright Kev,you did post this before and your not going senile, pub18.ezboard.com/faustralianhayabusaclubwelcometothenewdiscussion.showMessage?topicID=1506.topic it was on the main discussion board and not in the technical section. <i></i>
Whew!
Thanks Rod
Regards
Kevin <i></i>