Fitting K&N 2
hey all
Has anyone fitted a K&N to an 02 model. parts book from K&N says it the same as 99-01 but there just aint no way it were ever goin to fit. even without the foam bits the stock screws would not reach. Seems that there may be a difference with the 03 model and I am thinkin that as mine was the very tail end of 02 then maybe i have been fitted with a later airbox.
The K&N unit seemed too tall for the box, could get either the front or the rear screws but to get them all would have required considerable force and it don't seem right to me. left it gaping all over the place and would not have been sealed.

cheers
Tom
bin fiddling today but going to be riding tomorrow <i></i>
Fitted a K&N race filter to my 02 last year. Great fit.
I think you might have been given one for another bike???
Cheer, Phil. <i></i>
Ok got the the answer on why it would not fit

could not see or measure where it was wrong but seems a manufacturing defect was the reason. Went to the QLD distributers yesterday and though the two compared the same and appeared identical all the way down to the same batch number. One would fall in just like it is meant to and the other one stood like ten mm too tall. So dont ask me why but problem solved. Oh and Suzuki replaced my rear disk yesterday as well. Top marks to Powercycle in QLD for excelent back up.

Writin today but riding tomorrow
Tom <i></i>