Brakes - Stop me NOW!!
Hey all,

Just wondering if they are any brake pad suggestions??

Think I am coming up to change and was looking for a little more bite than the factory fitted ones!! I use the bike to commute but am taking it for a hurl on the track in a couple of weeks!!

Any other suggestions on braking systems that are feasible for day-to-day use also most welcome... THANKS! <i></i>
EBC HH, braided lines (the green ones are strongest ) and make sure they are well bled. <i></i>
Ive got EBC HH pads on, found them a bit noisy at the beginning. May try Bendix (I think thats the name) sintered at next change, have heard some great reports about them, anyone else familiar with them? Braided definately good to have for stopping power, not that I have them as yet. <i></i>
Highly recommend SBS Street Excel. They are better than standard but not as hard as HH or race pads - somewhere in between.

According to Suzuki Aust. using HH pads or race pads will put hot spots in discs as they aren't designed to take heat generated by those types of pads. Plus they take ages to get up to working temp and around town that can mean too late!

Have used the SBS pads and found they give great feel and are more fade resistant than standard - perfect for the odd track day. Also found that braided lines made little or no difference until i put these pads on. So try the pads first. <i></i>