At what point should you change your battery?
Before it won't even turn over, that is.

Mine has been sitting for a while, run every now and then to operating temp, occassionally charged. I haven't charged it in over a month, maybe 2 months and it was only just able to turn over once.

I think that [read: hope that] it will operate 'better' once it actually gets a bit of extended use, not just warm up sessions which don't charge it at all.

Has anyone had to replace their battery yet? What prompted you to do it?

Mines a 2000, with original battery AFAIK. Do the faster 99 & 00's run the battery down quicker?

ta,
Jon <i></i>
The original battery on my 2000 model was struggling (last April). Just took it off and gave it a good charge overnight on a external charger. Have not had any problems since.

Read some doc on the Busa & batteries. Apparently it takes approximately a 20 minute trip to put back the amount of charge that was used to start it in the first place!

So if you do lots of short trips its just a matter of time. :">

While my battery is still good. Am looking at getting a unit to trickle charge the battery in future.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...otohosting <i></i>
Have a '99, still with the original battery. Also had some problems a few months back, but after 1 good charge (1st time) its been fine ever since even when just starting the bike once a week. When I feel its not holding any charge anymore, thats when I'll change it.....duh (an epiphany) <i></i>
Thanks for that info, I'll give it a good charge and keep on going.

-jon- <i></i>
I have a 99'busa.
I had the battery replaced in Nov 03, it cost $75.00.
The bike had done approx' 60,000 Klms.
(I didn't want to risk being stranded on the side of the road)

Regards
Tony De <i></i>
I replaced my '99 battery after sluggish winter start and lost the time on the clock. <$70 and 5 minutes work for piece of mind. Regards,
ColinT<i></i>
What sort of batteries are you guys getting for $75.00????

When I have inquired it has been $155 to $160.

Suzuki dealear and Battery world. <i></i>
See Tech Discussion Page 2 "New Batteries" <i></i>
Mine was a Dynavolt, same specs as original. Bought from Bullet Bikes in Mackay. No problems. My bike is stock. Regards,
ColinT<i></i>
I had a discussion concerning battery life in general with some gurus in Brisney Land (Bribane). The conclusion was that to keep battery life as long as possible, keep the battery charge to full capacity.

I reckon if you don't use your bike that much, maybe consider keeping the battery on the charger whilst not riding (especially good if on a suspension )

Travis. charging not riding <i></i>
Take your battery to Battery World and have it checked. They'll be able to tell you the current CCA rating. If it's low, replace it.
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>