Modifying standard cans
I was chatting to a bloke up at Glorious the other day. He was riding a 1200 Bandit and it sounded great. As he had the standard cans I asked him WTF
He replied that he had his standard cans modified for about $60 each by a company in Brisbane. Before I could find out where he rode off.
Does anyone know where I could get this done and is it a good thing.
I can't afford a new system and I think this may be a good compromise.
Regards
Chopper <i></i>
Bob, this guy will make and mod and repair any exhausts

he's in Slacks Creek just off Moss St.

web site www.workin4u.com/bikepipes <i></i>
Ping Al! <i></i>
A few 'Harley boys' I know used to use a steel bar and just bashed a hole through the baffles.

Jess928 has an all red Hayabusa(often on this board)drilled his out himself. Take the baffles off and drill from inlet end.
I've ridden next to him many times and the pipes sound great.

I kinda like the silent(stealth) original thing though. A 'busa is a big enough target as it is without drawing extra attention to it.

Ward

<i></i>
Thanks Gazz, that is probably the place where the Bandit bloke had his done.I'll give them a try when next down that way.
Ward, thanks for your input mate. There's no way I would take an iron bar to my baby, I'll either get it done properly or not at all.
I'm pretty sure there is more to it than just removing the muffler end plate and removing the baffle and I don't have access to welding equipment so best get it done by the pro's methinks.
Regards
Chopper
<i></i>
Hi chopper,
Mechanic? eheheh
you'v gotta pull the can off the bike and hack into them from behind with a hammer and chisel to take the baffles out... It looks and soudns BAD, but its the only way to do it other than with an oxy, which yeilds the same result but you can trash the can from the inside out with the heat if you get it a bit wrong... there is not much room to move in there...

Then you have to fab up a straight bit of pipe to join the last baffle upto where the exhaust pipe sits inside....
JEs

<i></i>
Anyone know of a place in Melbourne where I can get it done?

Have contacted Ballistics down in Geelong. Does not return my calls. :">

Prefer someone local anyway! <i></i>
f*** me Jessie, I couldn't do that to Chopper Busa, he's part of the family.
I think you would have better luck asking GDYUP to spraypaint all his nickel bits mat black.
I'd have better luck taking a hammer and chisel to Rosie...................now there's a thought!!
Thanks for your input Jessie but methinks I will leave it to the pros. :
After yesterday the LH can is a bit damaged anyway so I guess a new one is on the way.
Regards
Chopper <i></i>
its the only way to do it... the "so called"pro's will do the same, except they wont be as careful, and you wont be around to see it

What constitues someone being a pro? i've been rebuilding and repairing cars bikes and boats for the last hmmm 15 odd years, a sign on the door doesent make everyone a pro .

Something to ponder...

Jes

<i></i>
Bob, think about having both the cans sleeved with polished S/S.... but first give your local Suzuki dealer a call and sit down before you ask for the price... you'll get a bit of change out of $1K me thinks

all the best <i></i>
Check out the pics up a few posts--you'll see S/S sleeved cans on the 02 model with S/S midpipes <i></i>