Front Wheel Assy ???
Gidday all, I am after some advice/ideas.Just put new bearings/ seals in the front wheel, got the job finished then decided to check the Disc attach bolt torque in the Manual and at the same time noticed a caution in the Wheel Assy sect that states " install the Left bearing first then the Right".Does anyone know the reason for this??? I installed the Right first, could this cause probs???
Thanks in advance........Graeme!! <i></i>
The LHS should be installed 1st as this ball race needs to sit up hard against the snoulder in the hub thus sets the reference for the orientation in the forks etc, the ally spacer then is installed in the hub and then the other ball race which sit up hard on the ally spacer against the innner section hence its final position is determined by the reference face of the LHS ball race and the length of the spacer.

So what to do ? ..... do it again as per the manual... the other issue is that if my memory serves me correctly the RHS does not have a shoulder for the ball race to bear up against but a 3 or 4 mm radius in the corner.

Tip , if you dont have the correct pullers for removing the ball races dont hammer the F**** out of them, at least use soft face punches / dolly's and apply an even uniform load, other wise you might as well go and buy another new set incl the double lip external seals

hope this helps <i></i>
Thanks heaps Gazza, , I'll pop the seals, unseat the RHS bearing, seat the LHS then reseat the RHS. I'm using a soft face hammer and Ally drift, hopefully not too brutal.
.............Graeme.

<i></i>