are any gears in there?
anyone else had this problem?
stuck in 6th gear and soon no gears.[img noborder]The Problem[/img] <i></i>
Any1 that wants to c the pics can u Email me please. <i></i>
Not me but I've heard of it. Selector drum fault from memory <i></i>
A bolt that holds the gear selector drum had snapped causing the drum to drop position in the fork, motor had to come out
because the frame that attaches the side stand is in the way of undoing the bottom bolt. The best chance to grease the
swinging arm yet. 41 000kms old / 2years 8 months. Do you
think I got a lemon, I've had other problems to. <i></i>
No not a lemon. A Cheesecake!:"> <i></i>
Possibly cheesecake...or maybe chocolate bavarian? not sure...

Similar age, I did the box after 40k...then as above about 5k later...charmed <i></i>
Nothin to do with those 2nd gears monos,bigshow?????? <i></i>
bigshowbusa, what happened to your gearbox at 40 000kms?
Didn't they lock tite the bolt back in? Do you do any wheelies
as I do, still learning. It comes up pretty fast in 1st. I've geared it down to 42 from 40 standard. 41000km out of the
original chain & sprockets. <i></i>
Does Bigshow do wheelies? Does a bear shit in the woods?
Forget the 42 tooth. Go the 43 toother!
I guarantee you'll never get 41000 klms outa it, but big fun big time! Oh, if only I wasn't so bloody old...
Don't expect to much info on the gearbox. Bottom line. I think it "SHIT ITSELF"!
Could be wrong though...
Cheers, Phil. Still too scared to mono <i></i>
Lost second after a track day at phillip island...probably being a bit harsh saying the box is made of cheesecake, I hammered the f*** out of it over 40,000k's and problems in this area are generally indicative of a shite rider / poor shift technique rather than poor build...
...may have done a few monos here and there but ask around they won't kill it, it's poor / clutchless shifting combined with not engaging the next gear fully that cause the wear...

There's 7 bolts in the selector drum yeah? Broke one of them on a stupidly aggressive shift 3rd to 4th trying to outrun a gixxer1000 , engine didn't have to come out though...

btw 43 tooth rocks! <i></i>
Damn huh.

Are you guys running the lowered/higher/whatever gearings using the speedo correction boxes?

Any 'symptons' of a gearbox selector getting fked?

I've been waiting to get 'used' to the bus again, but the box still seems really tight. I haven't gotten any false neutrals since I started riding again - I adjusted the gear selector so that it is closer to the foot. I'm not pansying around, I try and give it a nice solid shift, but f*ck it just doesn't want to click in and ends up taking longer than it should.

Ideas?

-jon-
<i></i>
no ideas slong, but thats always been one of my gripes of the bus not having a box like the Blackbird. Mine being a '99 am told later models having better boxes. But mine takes some heavy positive shifting and always 2 notch feel getting into gear, I find it most annoying but have put up with it. Ironically the rougher I treat the beast the more accepting the box, dunno if its just my bike. Im on 48.000k.

By the way someone posted not long ago about a device one can put in the box that eases the shifting about $199 and supposedly M Hone the rep? Anyone tried this gizmo? <i></i>
Yeah I posted about the Shift Star. It requires bustin' the tranny open to fit [or so I gathered] so I'm not in any rush to find out.

I talk to soon sometimes, although I am riding more aggressively, after posting the above comments I've had a think about it and reckon that the shifting clunkiness is possibly only from 4-5-6 and only when I'm dawdling along in under 5k RPMS. Haven't had any problems in the last couple days of hard use.

Lets see how it goes.

-jon- <i></i>