Noises
Rocket Rod if your Hypothesis is correct would the ticking noise be there constant or would it fade away when the bike warms up as in my case, the ticking fades away after about 3-5 mins
<i></i>
Well heres the theory,when the bike is cold the clearences are at their most,and as things warm up and expand the clearances close up,thats why you have a clearence....thats my theory anyway and it sounds good to me! <i></i>
This ticking, the easiest way to deduce if it is valve clearances is when it is happening at idle is to see if it is aproximately twice engine speed, which would be about 2 ticks per second at idle speed.

As rocket rod says, if it goes away on warm up it can usually be attributed to top end.

Where was the place that told you to get the dodgy chain and not bother on the sprockets. Just so that I can avoid them like a dose of the clap.

Regards
1hotRF <i></i>
Morris Motorcycles (Kawasaki dealer) in Orange NSW <i></i>
Just thought this post was looking angry, so thought I would change the emoticon to something a little less mad... <i></i>
What would you expect from a cumandsuckme dealer. <i></i>
So it seems to me you know what you are on about so here is the next question?
What drive chain suits the awesome (dare I say unmatched) torque and horses our beloved bus punches out????............. is there a specific brand that is the go????????????????????????
Any one who has any input would be much appreciated!!!
Stay on it
bus99 <i></i>