How far would you push it ???
Hi All,

Just wondering how far you would push past a service on the cheesecake ??

For me I am talking about the 18,000km service as per manual, I have pushed it to 19,500 at the moment & I need to get down to the ACT this Thursday...... after that its going to Cole @ ten tenths, so how safe do you think it is pushing it that far, would be another 500 ~ 600 km easy riding down the hwy I think <i></i>
just thought I'd add that I am getting about 6.8lt/100km at the moment, so its sounding ok... but still... a little worried about it I am <i></i>
If you're getting that kind of fuel consumption, then the bike is probably laughing at the abuse you are throwing at it.

Keep riding and don't worry until you hear something you haven't heard before - it'll give you PLENTY of warning. Things go wrong when you ignore those noises.

Change oil every 4,000 miles or three months, strip clean bike after riding in the rain and dyno once a year are about the only rules I would say anyone should stick to, the rest is just making the workshop guys rich.

I have 65,000km on my bike. Just this weekend, I was PAYING to have my rear caliper overhauled (I mucked it up myself), the guy gave the engine a once over and fair enough it wasn't a dyno (six months before my next), but he said he couldn't hear anything but sweet noises. Cam chain? tappet knocks? Nothing!

You know your bike better than the manual does. Every bike on this board is different, because we all ride differently. Ride and enjoy. Save your money for drinking.

If you are really worried, have your 18,000 service at 36,000 (notwithstanding the above advice) - you still won't need it. <i></i>
I regularly over fly the servicings due to money constraints (wife imposed ). I did 12,000 km one at 14,000km and will wait until well after 18,000 km (maybe 22,000 km) for the next. It makes sweet f$#k all difference.

You could piss them off altogether, and with the $300 odd dollars saved each time (say 5 servicings a year =$1500), trade in on next years model! (problem solved) -385-
XOCET<i></i>
Throwdown, I think your right then it probly is laughing at me hehehehe, must try harder !!!

but ta for the advise guys, Cole will be seeing me after this ride down to the ACT but I thought I'd ask, better safe then sorry !!

& yes, see you on the next NSW ride !! <i></i>
hi my last service was about 14-14,500 it now has over
20,000 and about to do 2500 k,s over easter so probaly
around about 24,000 will be the next service

wayne <i></i>
I pushed the Bus to 48 kays after the reserve light lit up. Then I got nervous about having to push her with my f****d shoulder and piked out.

She took 19.9 liters. It has to do 60+ surely.

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
<i></i>
Wrong topic sorry, should have been in the fuel chicken thread - ooops.

Max <i></i>
Till it bottoms out!
Whoops wrong topic also................................. <i></i>