FUEL CHICKEN
I decided to play fuel chicken with the reserve light the other day, and am now interested to see how far other members have gone on the reserve (preferably without konking out). Did mine from Flowerdale to Seymour via Yea. (60 km)Less than 30 km30-40 km40-50 km50-60 km60 + kmShow results -385-
XOCET<i></i>
Sorry mate I am still chicken <i></i>
what was the over 60 km to?

Does the bus have a 22L tank? When I filled up at 60km into the reserve, it was 20.5 L. That gives me 1.5 L to go which equates to another 24 km. So, in my estimate, there is an 80 km reserve!

(unless it's a 21L tank, which means a 65km reserve - plus or minus) -385-
XOCET<i></i>
yep ya can make 65 but you are walkin by 70 <i></i>
I usually plan on 90k when highway cruising at 120km/h. Coming back from superbikes on Sunday, I konked out along Baxter-Tooradin Rd, but that was only when I accelerated to catch-up to my bro. I knew I was at the servo so wrapped it on and she coughed! I had done 93k when that happened. Had to be gentle on throttle on way back due to cops. But around town I plan on 70k. Peter
<i></i>
93K!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow. How many L/100K are you getting?
I had presumed that reserve was maybe 2 litres, I'm not doubting you, but that's gotta be damn good milage for reserve! Haha, I'm not gonna try it though!

-j- <i></i>
reserve is 5 litres as far as I know. 5 x 18 = 90 wouldnt be out of the question on highways. Otherwise 5 x 15 = 75, just under 70 is reasonably safe if not throttling it. Am currently on chicken mode. <i></i>
I can't believe the difference in figures from my old 2001 with
only the 3 mods done by Col at ten tenths which was running 300+ kays betwen fuel stops and showed 6+ liters per 100 kays. Stock pipes, no K+N.

The Black and Blue beauty with 4 into 1 Yoshi and as far as I
know has only been remapped shows a consistant 7.5/100
and with 150+ kays on the clock is three quaters of the way
down the gauge.

Question: Do 4 into 1 pipes radically effect fuel consumption? Bear in mind I'm only riding a little each day as my shoulder slowly improves and certainly haven't "Been Up" the beast to see what she does as yet.

Max

Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
<i></i>
Slong, couldn't believe 93k at first either...... mind you when I did the Nullarbor trip to Perth, I wrote a topic on what fuel consumption of what I was getting and from memory was got 108k on fuel reserve one time cruising at 120km/h! <i></i>
chicken mode off. Light came on at 235, chickened at 280 added 3 litres into tank. Filled up at 345 with 21.5 litres. Therefore 345/24.5=14.08 K's/Litre. All city riding. <i></i>
Thanks for that Volvi - 5 litres, it makes sense. I should have just looked it up in the manual.
When I *was* getting 20k's to the litre it [93k's] would be very do-able. Is that a real word?

I can't wait to get this thing tuned, after the track..
It's most certainly a $$ thing.
-j- <i></i>
Quote: I can't believe the difference in figures from my old 2001 with
only the 3 mods done by Col at ten tenths which was running 300+ kays betwen fuel stops and showed 6+ liters per 100 kays. Stock pipes, no K+N.

The Black and Blue beauty with 4 into 1 Yoshi and as far as I
know has only been remapped shows a consistant 7.5/100
and with 150+ kays on the clock is three quaters of the way
down the gauge.

Question: Do 4 into 1 pipes radically effect fuel consumption? Bear in mind I'm only riding a little each day as my shoulder slowly improves and certainly haven't "Been Up" the beast to see what she does as yet. Quote:

Yep that'll do it allright. It's hard to beleive it uses so much when doing a few mods but that's the price you pay. Mine does excactly the <i></i>
Hey kamakazebusa
Thanks for that bloke.

Cheers.

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
<i></i>
I regularly go 40km after the light comes on, and often loose my bottle way before that if I'm doing quick speeds. I've never been able to get more than 18 litres of fuel in, and typically I can only get 16 in.

You guys sure the bus has a 22 litre tank? <i></i>
PANEL BEAT THE DINGS OUT OF YOUR TANK TO MAKE MORE ROOM FOR THE FUEL !!!! <i></i>