squeaky brakes
i bought my 05 busa two months ago and the brakes have started squeakky. does anyone else have this problem, or did i just luck out. If so, should it be covered under warranty?
cheers
rob <i></i>
Whatever you do don't oil them

seriously, I'd give them a good clean but it's prob the metal pads that suzuki put in them ,I tend to ignor the squeaky sound .... <i></i>
Rob,
I think it will go away naturally. Most new pads squeak till worn in properly unless they are really soft ones.
There is the possibility of having a small stone caught in there but that would leave a scar on the disk if it was there for any length of time.
Other guys will have different opinions though.
Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
I've found that more often than not squealing is caused by glazing on the pads. try taking them out and put a sheet of 600 wet/n/dry down on a flat surface and take the glaze off the pads, shoould need more than a couple of rubs keeping them nice and flat n level.

Tom "No Fear" Just means you aint goin quick enough yet !!!!!
<i></i>
The squeeking is from the pad vibrating on the piston. Take the pad out, smear a THIN film of high temp grease on the back (the metal side, not the braking side) and reassemble. Problem will be gone until you buy your next set of pads. <i></i>
Get rid of the stock items, go with a set of fully sintered race pads, they cost about $75 all up front and back, and they will only take 45-60 min to install. They will work better and there will be no squeaking. <i></i>
where the fark do you get front and rear pad set for 75$ ?

Jes
If there is something wrong with it, the solution is always " MORE HORSEPOWER"<i></i>
fck yeah. Just replaced all mine after a track day. Not much change out of 3 bills "No Fear" Just means you aint goin quick enough yet !!!!!
<i></i>
TomRux what did you pay for the pads?? <i></i>
CAS, I reckon you should wear them in, don't chuck em.
These Busa s are expensive enough without tossing away good pads before you need to.

Shit yeah TomRux 300 for pads? They must be metalflake with gold.
Last time I paid for brake pads was $65 for good sintered rears fitted.
Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
yeah righto
that 65 for the back ones then how much again twice for the fronts. like i said dont leave much change outa 300 "No Fear" Just means you aint goin quick enough yet !!!!!
<i></i>
I can get Ferodo pads, Sintered Race or road also Cp911* Hi carbon, at the right price. <i></i>
Ray,
do you stock brake pads for the Brembo calipers I bought from you? btw, the Brembos are the ducks guts. The pads, 4 of them for the two front calipers must cost a fortune?

Cheers old man.

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
<i></i>
I suppose your right TOMRUX.
Could get up close to 300 if you pay top dollar.
I just checked my records from 50,000 service and the front pads were done.
Two sets of BENDIX MA 186 @ $53 PER SET + GST.
$116 all up for front + $65 for rear.
$181 total.
Brakes are great!!!
Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
Max a few dollars more than Busgo paid for his Bendix $125AU.Max get the rotors yet, I have sent them. <i></i>