Hay-wire Tach
I have an 02 busa. The tach needle has melted two times. I can,t seem to locate the sorce. Can anyone give me some ideas???? <i></i>
Sure it has !! <i></i>
Gamma radiation! <i></i>
Don't listen to those two. They are actually the two old fellas from the balcony of the muppet show...... <i></i>
Hey i like melted cheese on my tacos? <i></i>
Evil: <i></i>
Very clever Evil
Sorry 02busa I can't help though... <i></i>
Funniest characters to hit the screen those two. So thanks for the compliment Dr Evil. Righttttttt.......

Whooo Haaaa Whooo Haaaaa...........

We'll call it the Alan Parsons project!

Melted tacho's and melted cheese just follow the sign posts... <i></i>
Are you winding us up? The tacho is a stepping motor, and the needle a piece of plastic! <i></i>
Prolly Daytona again <i></i>
No, I'm not winding you up!!!! I realize the tach is a stepper motor. The Plastic needle pushes on to a metal pin which is part of the stepper motor. The stepper motor is getting so hot that the needle is melting....This is the second one. I thought the first one had a bad stepper motor. This is the first problem I've come across in a long time that I can't figure out. <i>Edited by: 02busa1 at: 10/6/05 8:39
</i>
Well obviously its the stepped motor that is at fault,if its getting hot enough to melt the needle? <i></i>
Have you checked continuity of the earth wire from the instrument cluster,
<i></i>
Hi,
I recently had a couple of problems with my Instrument Panel and eventually found that the Positive terminal at the battery had some corrosion as a result of being left out in the rain by the repairers for a couple of days.
The panel kept locking up mid ride. Once I found the gunk and cleaned it away. No probs.
Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
NOTTTTT!!!! If it were that obvious I would not be asking for ideas. Seeings how this is a totally different gauge set than the original and the same thing has happened to both. Something out side of the gauge set is the problem. I've checked all of the OBVIOUS things and they are not it. Even my local dealer is stumped!! But they haven't given up yet. <i></i>