Still as popular as ever.......the used Busa!
screw this. One of the best painters in canberra has told me he would do my whole bike, any colour I want, for $2000. Considering Im trying to sell it for 10500...I reckon I could get him to paint it in some wicked paint scheme, put $12500 on the bike and sell it in a fortnight....going by what you blokes are saying.

Hmmm, might have to think about that one.
Painting Busa's any other colour than stock destroys originality & consequently resale value (IMHO).

Most personal paint schemes appeal to one person in the majority of cases (the owner).

It took me 8 months to sell my old red/black & it eventually went via bikesales.com after a month on the net.
Heamaglobin.... does your bike have any of the original stickers ? In the pic attached to your advert it looks like the Kanji and GSX1300R stickers are missing. I know your bike is probably in bloody excellent condition, but IMHO I think a lot of potential buyers might just assume it has had a hard life if things like that are missing. If you're considering spending so much on a paint job, why not just replace the standard stuff instead ? The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob
I had a look in the latest bike Trader mag and there is a few

for sale in there as well. I dont buy that mag that much but

they look like they are in good supply

Regards Richard
PS City are asking $13,990 for a 99 blue silver with 20K on the clock

Still siting there No sale yet
Yawn.

Astro, your pithy anecdote is very boring!
Quote:City are asking $13,990 for a 99 blue silver with 20K on the clock
Tell them they are dreamin!!!!
Phuck its the Phantom.......
There's the V-4 thing - there's just something about it that inline 4s
don't have, and V-twins have too much of.
Yeah, dreamin alright. What about this though.

Kawasaki Z1 900 Jaffa model, restored......not original....$23,000 f f

I bought mine off PS City brand spankers for $1845 in the 70's. Edited by: rev 01 at: 27/3/06 12:10 am
GGGEEEZZZEEEE !!!

I should have kept mine ! The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob
Same here. All I've got is a photo,the original sales brochure workshop manual & tappett adjusting tool (that I made)
ah my fav bike back then.
Remember them all in the Stone movie.... Cheers,
Pete
djpete@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,
Photography, Bullshit Artist!
Gee you blokes are really old. My bike in the 70's was a MONGOOSE
Mine was the Barbie camper van.
Is it ok for me to steal my own thread DJ
From time to time I get "Just Bikes" mago. I'm gob smacked at the prices some "bikes" are fetching nowadays, bikes that were laughable pigs in their day.

Like the Kawasaki S2 250 triple going for $3000

Anyone ever heard of a couple of early Jap bikes like the Bridgestone or Lilac ? Too early for you ?
The Lilac was a 300 cc V twin (like a Guzzi) & I only ever saw one on the road when they were released. I used to race the guy up Keilor road on my 250 CB 72. (you could then )

That Bridgestone 350 was a flyer & one of only a few bikes that could beat my 450 Honda in a straight line. The Bonnieville was the other. Might have to keep my eyes open
I'm sure my brother had a Kawasaki (Note correct speling Ray!) A3 750 triple.
Bet that would be worth more than the Bus now... Cheers,
Pete
djpete@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,
Photography, Bullshit Artist!