Howdy ho everyone.
G'day Folks,
My name is Glen and I am an Aussie refugee out of hayabusa.org which sadly has shut down for good by the looks. I hope I feel as welcome here amongst my countrymen as I did with the septics. I live down in Adelaide, an Army SGT for a crust, 03 Busa (silver but not for much longer as it is going to the shop for a new do). I don't come empty handed, I am in the process of turning out low volume carbon fibre and alloy unobtainables especially for the Busa and should be good to go for a mid year release. You'll get first dibs when I'm ready and my parts are good enough for show. I'll tease you a bit more, lol. How about locally produced CF and kevlar underbellies, grab handles, chain guards, inners, mirrors (if I can get the nice blue glass they use in BMWs), crash posts, and whatever else that has a demand that isn't easy or impossible to get elsewhere. I got to go earn my money over the next month up in Brissy but leave an expression of interest (or a part type I haven't mentioned) and I'll get some idea of what i can do for you all. My apoligies to the Mod, I'm not sure what your rules are regarding hawking wares on here (which I have no intent of doing, just putting it out there) but I'll be sure to throw something your way for a raffle if there is enough interest here. Hi to all the board members and happy Busaing, I hope I see you out there and in here.
G'day Glenn,
anyone who has bling bling for sale is always welcome, provided the price is reasonable and the quality ofthe finished gear is commensurate with the price. Carbon fibre rules, are you doing a hump? The mirrors sound good. What happened to Org?

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
Welcome aboard Glenn... attennnnn hut !
The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob
I think the org took a dive due to expense. The Captain just couldn't get the bucks to continue. Too bad, it was a good site for tech data and helpful advice. As for the bling, I head to Brisbane to speak to an old friend who is going to make some bits for me. He makes parts for the Eurochopper, so he has the skills, I just hope he has the time. He says he does and I have my fingers crossed. I have got him the kevlar and CF and the tools nessecary. He wants a CNC but they are bloody expensive. I have got him a non-computer lathe though to get us started and the ovens and other things. It is quite the operation, I am taking a suitcase full of busa parts (off my bike) to get him going with molds, so no lack of commitment on my part. I don't think we will go for the hump just yet, I just can't sacrifice mine until I see some results. ie: make some money back and not just outlay. I reckon Kevlar with CF inners will sell well. Not looks like stuff, the real deal for about $300 a set. kevlar ain't cheap, maybe $250 for board members, how that be? I am putting the cart before the horse though and I'm treading with caution.
by the way, which button posts pics?
Glenn... if you go to the FAQ area, theres a post there about how to add pictures to a post. I'll post to it and get it to the top of the list for you so it'll be easier to find. The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob
Glen.
Let us know if you're coming through Sydney in your travels...
"riding, not posting... as much"
Got it. cool. Thanks for the quick reply. Here is what I ride at the moment and this is what I'm cooking up at the moment with my own touches. Is it wrong to like someone elses colour? keep in mind, that I'm not making a copycat bike, quite a bit of difference. I want shiny bits and have a theme in mind, see seat. I want the colour of summer storm clouds with silver pin-striping, mucho CF and some billet. What do you guys think?

welcome glenn, I cant believe the org dived it had so many members and posters. there must be a lesson there.

ok ya got me forgot it april the first.

LOL but then again theres that topic
www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=69822.0 Edited by: Volvi  at: 1/4/06 11:20 pm
. Another Glen to add to the club!
Feel the force. ANGGI
I never thougth about it, they were struggling though. If it was a joke (and it probably was), too bad for them because I'm out. I reckon I'll be real happy in these new digs. So, there is a lesson, there. Don't play a bluff because folks will find somewhere else to go quick smart. As for the Glen name, what were my folks thinking? Who names a baby Glen? I do go through Sydney from time to time but rarely aboard a steed. I think I will join the local guys here when I get back.
Glen... I visited Hayabusa.Org this morning and its business as usual... so I guess it was an April Fools hoax after all. The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob
www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?s=0e90b6ec561019a5396159662e97000d;act=ST;f=6;t=42089 The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob
I'm here now, think I'll stay. To be honest, many of their views made me a little uncomfortable at times. Can ya believe it?, someone over there just posted pics of a seat with the same combo I just ordered. Oh well, they look good, thats a bonus.
Glen... you're most welcome. We've had an influx of new members lately, but you're sure pounding away at the posting already. Looks like you'll be a post whore here in no time.... like me... and pan... and simmo... and a lot of others I could name.

Just remember to be nice to Dj and Volvi coz they have 'the power'. Stay on the bling side, don't cross over to the dark turbo/nos/drag maniac side. Standard board discount is 40% off normal retail to the outside world (did I just hear Ray a.k.a. Kawasuki having a seizure ???)... better make it 50% just to finish him off ! Its good to have more competition on the board. Watch those prices tumble !! Yee Haaa !

The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob