Another one bites the dust
Well another one bites the dust. When I read the headline I thought geez another motorcyclist bite the dust, what a tragedy. But further reading revealed that he was just another one who will qualify for the Darwin awards. The rider and pillion riding their brand new bike were not wearing helmets. It is riders like these that give us all a bad name.

www.smh.com.au/news/natio...82213.html

Quote:not wearing helmets

Better off dead. - I hope they didn't breed first. Edited by: m8ee  at: 19/5/06 9:32 am
IT'S THE GOVERNMENTS FAULT ...THEY GIVE STUPID PEOPLE LICENCES Regards Rob

never argue with a fool he will just drag you down to his level and he will beat you with experience
Im with Bandit
More info on this accident.
The Irish guy bought a Bandit 1200 that day and decided to take his girlfriend for a spin at midnight with no helmets.

Sad but true to hear of this sort of thing happening to people on new bikes.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!
Unfortunately it is people like this that get the "I know what's best for you" people started. They see the bike as the danger 'cause it's easier to legislate against the machinery than legislate against dickheads.

You see the news "Biker dies because of powerful bike" instead of "Biker dies because he was a dick.

Sorry, on my soap box.
atleast the girl friend was ok poor girl. What a wanker the guy was
"Busa riders always count in three's.... 100, 200, 300"

www.smh.com.au/news/natio...47179.html
I agree that the dick should have been wearing a helmet,but really do we need to be legistated about everything.
I think that there is enough road rules as it is and if your too stupid to wear a helmet,well thats your own fault.
Next they will be legistating that we all will have to wear dayglo leathers,with blinking lights although DJ would love that.
Its not the phantom anymore,its the urban assault legend!
I seem to remember Max once mentioning the value of natural selection.

It never ceases to amaze me that our governments have taken it upon themselves to thwart fate and save us from all possible harm. We all have to die of something - what I'm worried about is that if this keeps up, the only 'something' left to us will be boredom.

Hey Rod.... that comment about being forced to ride around in dayglo gear is frightening. Police riders up here in NSW are already wearing that bright RoadSafe gear over their leather jackets. How long before the "nannas" in power decide we all have to do it ?

The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob