Australopus-uricpithicus
Hey guys, where can I get some of these?

BOOOOOOOOOOOST
See them everywhere mate, Thickest on the northern beaches or at footy matches

How did the big weekend finish up , i've seen some of the results on the 200mph net.
I wasn't running, think they had a great time. My mate's home made turbo kit managed 300 brake on the dyno, then a 215 top speed run, then a 9.4 quarter. He had a good weekend

BOOOOOOOOOOOST
Would have been a great weekend ,

Geri must have had a busy saturday nite , his lucky it was only a gasket.
For those that don't lurk in as many places as i do ,
The guys in the UK had a three day event, dyno comp on day 1 , Hi speed runs on an airstrip day 2, and drags on day 3.

The perfect weekend .
He did, but with hindsight we don't think it WAS the gasket, he has fan problems and he thinks it boiled the water in the head on the dyno then dumped it out the overflow when it started again. It also blew oil past the turbo seals. It did a good impression of a blown head-gasket but it wasn't.

But hey, nothing like changing a head gasket to be safe, after all the old one had been on there for a whole month.....

BOOOOOOOOOOOST
Mine does that sometimes, the water cooled turbo housing boils the water if the engine revs drop too much to maintain enough flow , No problem on the street as you don't usually run flatout then just stop.
Geri did a stunning job in not a lot of time, I think he just forgot to fit a metal fan. The plastic one melted and blew the fuse so it wasn't cutting in and it just boiled it up when it was standing on the dyno between runs

BOOOOOOOOOOOST
Most guys over here and in the States don't bother connecting up the turbo water jacket. I think the general opinion is it can cause more problems than it solves. Have you tried running it without?

BOOOOOOOOOOOST
No , but i know of 1 car with a similar turbo running without the water connected that cracked a bearing housing,( not visible but leaking oil out the unused water holes) so i figured its safer to have the water there,
Given me no real problems, twice in 2 years,if it purges i just let it cool and top the reservoir and all is well.
This isn't helping me find my Australopus-uricpithicus

BOOOOOOOOOOOST
Hey can I suggest Taronga Zoo?

Looks like he's taking the piss......

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!