New Forum - The Final Word
Dito Astro....on point number 2.

You don't have to tell us that you don't try to make money out of the club Volvi. We know that you don't so share the load mate. As Astro says, we would be happy to contribute.

How about posting a some bank account details for the club and anyone that chooses to put money in for the board/site can do so. No one needs to know who did it. Just give the folks out there who want to contribute a chance. No point in talking about one person trying to sell shirts and things to make enough to keep the board running. There are enough members out there so that the voluntary contributions don't have to be too big. So we have about 80 active members? How about 5 - 10 bucks each to start???

Also I do like the idea of an emergency fund as per Astro's other suggestion. Could be a saving grace......

As for the New and Improved site.... like I said... DO IT Cheers,
Holge
Edited by: Holger the Dane  at: 6/1/07 16:59
Quote:How about posting a some bank account details for the club and anyone that chooses to put money in for the board/site can do so.
What a good idea Holger.
Can be incorp in the new forum/website.
Cheers,
Pete

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,Photography, Bullshit Artist!

"I don't want a pickle,
I just wanna ride my motorsickle."
Arlo Guthrie 1968
As Astro said...If it takes money, count me in too!

I would gladly pay money to be part of this club! (even if I am a virtual member!)

I'll chip in financially, as well as offering stuff for fund raising (internet) auctions, such as a case or two of the vino.

As for the new site I'm in favour, especially if it is easier on the admins/moderators. I'll even put my hand up to help in any small way.

"Don't ride behind me, I just ate beans. Don't ride in front of me because your ass is huge. Just ride beside me so I can push you into on coming traffic."Edited by: Sentinel at: 6/1/07 18:41
some good sentiments have been expressed and appreciated but at the moment the issue is not about money. The money is only an issue for the long term ie with excessive ezboard fees, hence the need to consider an alternative.

At the moment i dont like the idea of membership fees because I dont want to put off any that may be deterred by it for whatever reason.

Monies can come in via many ways, advertising revenues, raising money projects, events etc. In the end we dont need that much, tho always good to have for unforseen needs and emergency, and helping out a brother in need.

We do have an account in the clubs name and thats handled entirely by Richard and I believe there are some fund within. I am happy for Richard being "financial officer" as such, I prefer not to involve myself in money matters of the club. Perhaps when he returns we will get some input regarding this matter. No doubt donations can always be readily accepted but not demanded off any.

So anyway whats happening in the background is getting the best board software and opening up a club webpage. all in due time.