Sydney Ride Again 28/3/04
Welcolm back Tony de , New pirelli's all round, ready to party again. Regards Rob
Cool. Cool. Cooooool, Im in. Im there, Im excited. Ill get very little sleep between now and then I am so excited. Cant wait to see a whole bunch of Bussa's on the road together. Ill bring my red one. See you all then. (new boy on block)
Tycho welcome , how many do you have ??????????????? don't for get daylight time finishes Saturday night
Cheers Robert
Simmo, Unfortunatley I only have one Bussa. My budget wont allow for a stock one plus one to modify. If you mean how many other mates I have with bikes, well I have a couple, but they are still in Melbourne (where I have moved from). So, just me. Hope the weather stays good. I wll be there rain hail or shine ( well maybe not hail,).D">
Ohh, I see what you mean. I just read my message again. Yeeha, I wish..
a good turn out on today ride people 8 busa 1 blackbird
and 3 pillians i myself had a good ride & a nice lunch
at carcooar pub thanks guys & girls for making it a good
day see you all on the next one

wayne
Great day out Guys & Gals, many thanks Wayne for organizing the ride and lunch, Franko you have mail (hopefully it worked). Hope to see you all next month, maybe go south catch up Gazza, Dave & Jewles.(do a lunch thing at the george with the pictonites)
Cheers Robert
Sounds good Simmo, should find time soon to meet up with you guys again.
Do we have any pic's. The weather was nice for a ride too,as always.
A south ride sounds great would like to catch up then. Who else lives in the wollondilly area.
Excellent ride!....Thanks for the push starts - (put the battery on charger last night, it seems to have fixed the problem!!!)...no more pushing "I HOPE".

Nice to catch-up with the regulars, and meet some new faces.

Regards
Tony De (fully-charged)

Sorry we couldn't make it guys, just got back in the country and still recovering from the effects of TC Grace. And you guys reckon the Busa makes your head spin, try being caught in the middle of the Coral Sea with waves going past the seventh story dining room window!!!!!

Anyways, hopefully we might be able to find the bikes amongst the moth balls soon and go for a squirt. You guys are making us quite jealous. Great to hear that there is still plenty of good riding being had though. Keep up the Sydney Social Scene and pencil us in for an outing in the near future.

Dave and Jewels.
...and the combatants were:-
Rob...TonyD...Wayne...Mark...Colin...Franko... Philip&Jayanne...Tony&Bromwyn...Greg&Yvonne.

8 busas + 1 Blackbird = 12 intrepid(and adrenaline charged ) folk departing Nth Richmond at 8.30,heading up the mtns and into the wild (grey)yonder....Yep...10 mins into the ride,the ominous grey clouds weren`t bluffing.... it started pissing down!!! .....but pressing on regardless,we arrived at Lithgow to be greeted with sunshine and warmth (which stayed with us for the rest of the ride)

...coffee,smoko and fuel top up and onward ho,along a heap of back roads thru some terrific and scenic country side all the way to Blayney (fuel and smoko) and finally Wyangala Dam (photo shoot,stretch and yep..smoko)
(incidently..which was once the mighty Wyangala Lake..these days is nothing more than an over grown pond!!...looks really sad that!)

Along the way we had countless twisties,fast sweepers and long straights,giving those inclined the chance to really open up the ol` throttle..(not that one would condone that sort of "anti-social activity" of course!! ) (but then again...not that there`s anything wrong with that,of course!! )

Returning via Carcoar (historical lil village) for a great lunch (thanx Wayne for (pre)organising the munchies) (and thanx to the locals for their hospitality...and for actually putting up with us )

...and full as googs,we then basically retraced our steps on the homeward journey.

Incident #1...a feral,rogue sheep came charging up the road,scaring the bejeezus out of us and(I`m sure)itself as well!!
Incident #2...20 or so cowboys on horseback casually trotting along the road,resulting in more sudden braking manoevours...(I mean fair dinkum...with ALL that lush country side at their mercy,they chose to do their galloping along the paved road...hmmmmm odd that!! )
Incident #3...did ya ever see 9 bikes simultaneously slam on the anchors,from a fairly generous speed,at the sight of an oncoming white car with "blue and red" lights?? ......turned out to be the "rural fire brigade" .....maaaaan!! did we giggle about that later.
Incident #4...many push starts later,we all made sure Tony D`s ride wouldn`t be spoilt by an unco-operative battery
Incident #5...and those damn rocks,eh Tony (the other one)..I`ve got a similar "war wound" on my screen from the exact same ride 2 weeks ago

SUPER RIDE AS,NO DOUBT,EVERYONE WOULD AGREE

Didn`t seem like 600kays...not too shabby for a day ride methinx...but you get that when you`re all having a shit-load of fun,eh!!

See y`all (and others) next time round

cheers....Franko
franko you forgot to mention the cop car we had to follow
for about 20 ks back to lithgow which slowed the pace
down a bit bumer

wayne
Dudes, that was cool. I'm new to the Bus' and the ride on sunday with a bunch of other Bus's was sensational to say the least. I have one question though, what scenery, all I saw was corners was pretty much all day. Narly, Wicked, Awesome.

At the pub for lunch, I was chatting to (sorry man, forgot yor name), and I made a comment ".. and I'll save them for my next bike." and he replied "what, you mean you would even consider getting anything else after owning a Buss?" He was right. Overall, (riding from Paddington) I notched up 745km for the ride. My body was not aching at all. The shoulders were a little tired, but I guess I can put that down to just hang'n on to that red masterpiece that I now ride. Full testament to the ergonomics of the Buss. I'm converted for good.

I look forward to the next ride you guys have. I'm in.

Yeah,you`re right Wayne...but did we not make up for it on the Bells Line???....HOOLEY DOOLEY!!
...traffic...what traffic??

...and,yep Mark....once bitten,ya ain`t lookin` back,eh?
Welcome to the (real) fast lane!!