Front tire blows at 100+
Gotta make ya think and fuss what rubbers your on.

www.suzukihayabusa.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=50073&sid=80070f2f8b48540b28b00e8123e4f35a
With front tire blowouts you arent so lucky ---- been there done that in Germany
Lucky the speed limit is only 60mph here in aus, so busas will never get to 100mph.

Gazza, are you implying its bullshit? I think its dinkum. Ive ridden 60k's on a flat front (from a nail, not a blow out, never the less, it was flat as a tack) and sitting at speed wasnt a problem. Its only corners that get hairy.
This has happened to a friend of mine on his BMW K1200S.
He had a brand new Metzler tyre which separated at 140kph after a short burst up to 200kph. The tyre didn't blow but locked up the front wheel when the bubble went under the fender.
I have a photo of the wheel somewhere which I will post later.
The BMW roadside assist picked his bike up from just south of Walcha and carried it back to Newcastle for him. The tyre was examined by John Brison Motorcycles in Newcastle and they replaced it for him and sent photos back to Germany. I did not hear the result.
Looks like there is a bad batch of Metzler tyres out there.
Stear clear.
Rgds BUSGO
Na , I'm not implying its BS.

I have been down the road big time in Germany due to a front tyre blow out , went from RHS lane into the Armco in the centre back into the centre of 3 lanes and then was fortunate enough not to have been run over by 3 lanes of traffic behind me. I was only doing 70mph.

Might just post a pic of a wheel I have that shows what else can cause a blowout... keep ya eyes posted.
Gazza from what you have told me about the Autobahn incident i think your lucky not to have become a speedbump.

The guy in the link looks to have hit something, too neat a slice for a case failure.

I may be able to dig up a photo of the results of a mates 270kph blowout on the rear (Hint don't go fast with bald tyres)
I'll attempt to post some nasty / expensive pics.

yer Greg, being unconscious on the road is not good news at dusk.
Here is the tyre which my mate had last year.
The tread separated from the casing and locked up his front wheel. He had just done a short burst up to about 200k and then backed off to between 120 and 140 when the front wheel got a severe vibration and then locked up as he slowed down.

He has since given up riding for a while.
Rgds BUSGO