Wish I had a Camera on the Bike
I had a brilliant run up the Putty RD today with a return run and absolutely no traffic going my way.
However, coming back into Broke, there is a small timber bridge made of railway sleepers running across the line of the bridge.
As I came down the hill heading North there was a young guy on a push bike coming towards the bridge from the opposite direction.
He was going too fast and hit the rear brake on his backpedal brakes and locked the rear end up as he hit the bridge.
The bike swung across the road and hit the rail on his right side. He then catapulted off the bike and over the side of the bridge down about a 10 foot drop and into about 4 feet of the slimiest swamp full of bullrushes that I have ever seen.
I was shocked and pulled up just past where he went over.
I was a bit worried but his head appeard out of the shit and he climbed back up the pylons to the road.
On the bridge was the bike, 1 thong, a can of gold spray paint and a carton of chocolate milk that he had been drinking as he rode.

It was like watching the creature from the black lagoon coming out of the shit and he was glad to be alive.
After I checked that all was ok, I left him to clean up and he was pissed that his new packet of smokes was wrecked but it turned out that he hadn't peeled the plastic off and they were ok.

I suppose if he doesn't kill himself one way, there is always another method.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!Edited by: BUSGO at: 21/1/07 13:00
hahahah _ know that bridge as well - dodgy it is - still would have been funny to watch "Busa riders always count in three's.... 100, 200, 300"

Did he look something like this?

Errrr sorry Richard and Jo.
The Phantom is back
A little less mud and a lot more slimy black shit mixed with water.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!
Thats a classic Ray Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
f*** nos I've got Velocity
The things you see, when you don't have a camera. Good to hear is was, ok