Alarm system for my busa
Hello fellow busa cult members

Does anyone have/know of a repetable alarm system for my baby. I prefer a system that has a movement sensor feature to it. Oh, and a feature that talks when someone is near it....something like.....Get the F@#k away from the busa or I'll blow your brains out ....ummm... maybe I went a bit far there.

Getting one of these will help put my mind at more ease of some punk thinking 'heres some easy cash'.

Grant 'MacBusa'

Oh yer, I've got a full exhaust system for sale...brand new..700kms. Open to offers.
Plus other parts that had been taken out to fit the turbo.

Got a Viper 200 for mine. Designed for bikes and jetski's.

Good alarm, waterproof remotes, 3 channels.

Have mine hooked up with a mercury switch (tilt protection) and has a closed loop wire for protecting luggage/helmet etc.

Also connected to a remote start unit.

One problem. The immobilising onboard relays may play up on you. The busa generates a shit load of vibration at high revs. I had mine immobilised through the kill switch and at around 9000 rpm, the relays would open circuit for a split second. This was just long enough to cause a huge flat spot in engine power and trigger the F1 light (don't want to be mid-corner and have it happen)! The starter motor may be a better immobilising point (keep in mind that it can still be push started - but not with a disc brake lock)

The fact is that electronics don't like vibration and will eventually fail.

Still worth doing for the deterrence factor (and remote starting gets a good responce from onlookers). Also get a good wheel lock.

But unfortunately if someone want's you bike, nothing will stop them.
Peter Altas
BUSA-1
Thanks peter for the useful info. I'll go and sort out how much they cost. Safe riding

Grant 'MacBusa'