TPS Adjustment
I have read that the throttle position sensor correctly adjusted can greatly improve throttle response down low... Does anybody know how to get the ECM into dealer mode and check this adjustment. And while we are on the topic, does anyone have a list of ECM fault codes and their definition?

By the way... my Hayabusa has to be the most exciting machine I have had the pleasure of owning... Have put 17000 km on the clock since xmas... I just love to ride it.
G'day Ardvark, (interesting name)

To set the TPS up make sure you're bike is idleing at 1150 rpm. You will need to then attach two wires to the TPS connector(the colour of the wire esacpes me at the moment) but by memory its the pair towards the front of the motor.

Make sure you have a good contact as they are a sealed type connector, then with a digital meter adjust the voltage to see 1.20 VDC at the RPM stated.

If you have any further questions just post.

Sorry to be a bit vague.

Regards Col
Actually, that should be 1.120 volts.
There you are! Col knew that, just wandered if you were watching....

cheers
les
ok JP
what settings does ronny use ?
Not 100% sure Michael but fairly confident that he uses 1.120 volts.
Thanks Guys... Hope I haven't started something.

Thanks Col, I have read some of your posts and found them informative.

You have described one method of setting up the TPS, Do you think this is better than setting it up by going into Dealer Mode in the ECM?

And another question... on investigation of the fuel system on the Hayabusa I noticed that the Fuel rail up by the injectors doesn't have a fuel return. Fuel is returned by the pressure relief valve in the fuel pump. Do you think the hayabusa is prone to vapour locks under high temps (I live in QLD).

Also I'm looking for a fuel filter, all I can find is the fine gauze in the tank.

Your thoughts on this are appreciated.. and also are all others

Ardvark
Can we start these new questions /answers as new topics (individually) to make them easier to find in the future?
G'day,

So, I stuffed up, It happens you know. Sorry about my post but, yes the voltage should be 1.120 vdc.

Mr. Ardvark, look at the fuel pump assy, you may be surprised what you find in there, like a filter ~

Use the dealer mode if you wish, however the result won't be as good.

Regards Col

PS sorry Richard I forgot to make a new topic, you can slap me later.
Yeah, Col, cause that's just my style
G'day Richard,

Only if you don't use the same type of glove that Bugs Bunny used in accepting the challenge!

Thinking time boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards Col