license plate flash reflector
I noticed that Demeester has fitted a flash reflector to his bike. I checked the price of them and they are $79. The question is: do they work? An english site on radar evasion says no! (www.geocities.com/MotorCi...nvisplate)
A british motorist took a company that makes car reflectors to court on the basis that they were falsely adverting their product and he won the case.
Anyone had experience with these licence reflectors?
bye, fenda
The protector I have is not a flash reflector - it does not rely on a flash at all. The photos I put up are taken from directly behind, and on an angle.

I would not "rely" on this product, and still ensure that I am travelling at legal speeds when I believe there may be a camera.
I bought one from South Side Motor Cycles in Punt Road Melbourne and it works on the 20 degree angle that most speed camera`s are setup to take photo`s from and I must say it works well as I have received no notice`s in the mail.Cost was 75.95 plus postage as I live in Tassie.
regards
Busa
Does this thing have a product name?
Have you ever tried a radar detectori`ve fitted 1 to my busa to see if it`s reliable.I`ll let u no if u want
yes Mr Fox, it does have a name - you can check it out tonite as Ive just bought one!
South Melbourne Motorcycle staff use these gadgets and they say they have been flashed a few times and not received any notices (mind you, they could have a little self interest operating there!). When you look at the plate on an angle you certainly cant see the figures - it would appear to be effective. And if you are done for obstruction license plate in NSW it is a $70 fine and no loss of points.
Thanks, busa rider in Tassie for the feedback - anyone else have one of these reflectors? bye, fenda
Fox - I think it is just called "The Protector" because it protects your plate from the weather....
Kev - would be interested in seeing what sort of unit you have fitted, and how. Any photos?

Also, does the unit detect laser or only radar? We have a lot of laser, here, and the problem with laser detectors is that if you detect the laser, it means they have already detected you - too late....
Yep. I'm only interested in protecting that beautifully crafted yellow number plate from the awful Sydney weather!

It's a shame it seems to block the view of cameras tho .. Maybe I can paint the number plate on the back of my leathers! That's always a good look ;)
Fox,
What a man...
I'm sure the RTA and the rest of the community will get a major case of the warm fuzzies when they see how thoughtful you are. Bwahaha.
p.s. If the gadget don't work a few times, you may end up finding out just how they make those beautifuly crafted plates.
Cheers
Frost'
Here`s where I got mine from Demeester.I only got the bog standard car version to c if it`s any good on motorways so far I've noticed it go off twice 1 was false and 1 was real.
Its mounted above my clocks on the small ledge and wired into the side light wiring
Next i might try the jammer when I've got enough money together again insurance and tyre change comin up again.
Pic`s to follow
www.snooper.co.uk
P.S there is a link on that site for bel radar the makes a motorcycle version
I presume they are as legal in the UK as they are here?
Totally legal at the mo D but the goverment is tryin to cover up that loop hole
The only way to get one here is to black market import them. Also, they have to be fitted subtlely as it is an offence to have one fitted.