Horn
Anyone changed their stock horn? Although not needed frequently, when you hit the horn it is so "not there". I had a look at a replacement horn, but it is a double unit, considerably larger than stock, and would require mounting inside the nose (as there is insufficient clearance from the steering at the existing mounting). I am worried, though, that too much of the noise will be blasted back at me.

Anyone done the change? Happy? What horn?
G'day Richard

To fix your problem a few pills could be in order!

Ever tried two 6 volt horns, they scream their guts out, you will be surprised how loud they are. Do give them a go. I've used this setup on all my road bikes. For about $10 each their cheap, however you will have to replace them about every 18 mths.

Regards Col
I am still concerned about fitting them in the nose, as if there is no clear way for the sound to exit that space, it may be louder for me than the dickhead in front of me who just merged... However, I have since spoken to a couple of people who assure me that it is not something to be concerned about.
Next time I see you Richard you can listen to one I just had Fitted.No prob hearing them.
THE horn to fit, IMHO, is the one from the BMW K1200LT...
DAMN ITS LOUD! And so very 'there'! Try it..I would be too frightened to ask the price of it tho', from a dealer... hehehehe
Gunna get one of them big mothers that they have on the cabs of trucks that will shift the tin canners hey. Just have to work out where to stick it. sick of throwing spark plugs at them, need something that makes there eye balls shake when you blow it. and whats a c43 c43 ? sounds like a highly toxic pestecide or a new secret busa model lol BBB
OK, it's fitted. Compressor and horn both snuggly fit in behind the radiator, RHS. $40 for compressor and 2 horns, and about 1.5 hours to fit it. (One hour working out just how and where...) Only problem is that I could only fit one horn of the two, and if I fitted the longer one (lower pitch) it was visible through the side hole in the fairing. SO the higher pitch one is currently fitted, and while it is loud, it sounds like an old bike horn.

Now, if someone pulls out in front of me, it will sound like a giant clown is bearing down on them... I will have to see if I can find a lower pitched horn that fits just as easily, so that it sounds more like an 18 wheeler, and less like a Mr Whippy van...
Hey Richard ive got them up under the nose.With no problem hearing them and a nice fit to.
I might have to do that. I didn't want to run the plastic air hose over/around the radiator, but I could insulate it. Also, I was lazy, and didn't want to get in under the nose since I can now get in at it all through the side fairing with the current set up.
Now I'm riding around, thumb ready to blow some tin-top off the road, and nobody pulls out. Everyone indicates before lane changing. I still haven't had opportunity to blast someone (Opportunity will come soon enough, I suppose...)
carefull you don't block of to much rad airflow demeester could end up blowing a gasket as well as a horn. BBB