Speed Cameras
Is there a "limit" to how fast these devices can react. Example if you blasted through a speed camera at over 300 indicated would it actually be able to "get you" exposed quick enough? considering that you would be travelling at a lot of metres per second at that speed. Has anybody any experience ?

r man
No personal experience, but had similar thoughts/conversation recently. Especially with flashless camera. Digital, of course is another thing, but with conventional film, surely at the speed of exposure required, and the speed of film required, to get a readable print of the plate, without flash, must be limited. If the film is really high speed, then graininess may become an issue (if enlargement were required, for instance). But aren't they all digital now? My knowledge of digital photography issues is extemely limited. If BigMac is around, he may be able to shed some light on the topic...
Heads Up!
On a somewhat related subject, there have been three new fixed cameras installed in Sydney. 1 each way on the M4 at Cumberland Hwy and 1 on James Ruse Dr heading south before Rose Hill race course. I'm uncertain of others but pass these three daily. Mind you, they are in a place where the usual volume of traffic makes speeding a non event anyway, so why bother??
Cheers
Steve
Because, when the usual volume of traffic is lighter than usual, then these sorts of spots will tempt many to tap the pedal/twist the wrist...
About 230kph is there limit as a bloke here in Tassie got clocked at 235kph but they could not book him as the photo was no good ,have also heard of a few others who got away with as they had a article in the local paper.
regards
Busa
Well if anyone will lend me a bike or even just their plate I'm quite happy to see just how fast they can read ! Busabadboy