D207 discussion
From other topic....

jessie928
Australian Club Member
(7/3/01 2:52:06 pm)
------------------------------------------------------------
BTW did i mention that the Dunlop 207's SUCK BIG TIME...

Lethal Busa
Australian Club Member
(7/3/01 5:25:54 pm)
Ditto to that jessie I got one on my bike I hate the bloody thing its a 207/20 I cant wait to wear it out not that I can afford to replace it

busababy
Australian Club Member
(7/3/01 6:23:03 pm)
i have had nothing but good experiences on the 207's which seem to hang on better than the bt's in my opinion, i suppose riding style and weight all play a role,,

cheers
les

OLD CAHN
Australian Club Member
(7/4/01 11:05:29 am)
G'day,

I am surprised to see negative remarks from several members about the 207's. What is the problem ?
The only thing I have noticed is the very rapid wear rate of the rear. Grip and feel to me is excellent. Are you guys running the "correct" rated tyre?

ABout the dunlop,

Its the correct Busa tyre, Its slippery compared to the BT56 when hot or cold. it wears unbeleivably quick, wearing quick usually means grip? i am yet to see it.
corners i was bringing the wheel up out of after powering up after the apex are now sliding the rear out badly.

I thankfully got puncture in it yesterday, fixed it up though, but i will be burning it up quick so i can put another BT 56 back there.

Cheers,
Jes
jessie928,

What pressures are you using? Seems strange to me that you have less grip with these tyres.
Maybe the roads in NSW are more slippery than those over here in WA.
I am running ZX12R tyres on mine and they are excellent. I prefer the feel of the Dunlops over the Bridgestones, although from all the reports I have read lately, I will probably go to Michelin Pilots next.

No gripes from me .......other than the rear tyres durability.
I, too, felt that the 207 would "give" in situations where the BT56 gripped.

Love my Pirelli. Will either replace with another Pirelli, or may give the Michelin a go as it is getting good reviews all round.
Rocketeers,

Cheng Sing are the GO !!!! grip like shit to a blanket. 160 rear looks a bit odd though !!

hardifarkinhahaha!!!!!!!!

rman
im on my second d207 rear and love yes it seems to wear quicker than bt but feels much better to me maybe its a riding style thing suits some not others i now have 207's front and rear
I have had two of each on the bike and found the major difference appears to be in theway they wear.

I run 42psi and have found the D207 wears more rapidly across the shoulder whereas the Bt wears in the centre, over the same roads etc..
Well Jessie sounds like we got our tyres from the same batch cause my tyre has all the same symptoms as yours does and when i said that I cant wait to wear it out that wont take long cause I met up with a guy on a GSX1100R who has had his on for 2000km and my tyre looks like its worn half off compared to his and has only done 700km and 400km of that was on the ride day
you guys must have copped a bad batch indeed, i have obtained 8-9,000 kays on two sets of 207's with 900 kays run on canvass back from sydney to melbourne, great tyre is all i can say,,

cheers
les
The first 207 I had on got 12500 kays out of it.All the others I get about 8/10 thou out of them.
Loved it. Like shit to a blanket. All 3500 kms of it. Did melt when it got hot though. Running the Mitchy's at the moment and will give feedback when I know but initial impression (500kms) is that it will last a lot more than the Dunlop but lacks the feel. Personal taste I guess.
- regards Jim
To say that a back tyre doesn't have grip must involve losing grip via a "highside" or back "stepout" either of which situations I haven't encountered yet (in the dry)
possibly due to my riding style (restrained). My 207 did come around on me on the way back from the Noah's Arc supers at PI but other than this, all ok.