BDE Clutch Modification
G`day all,

I was just wondering how many of you out there have the BDE clutch modification done to their Busa?
from what I have read this seems to be the most reversible clutch mod
does any Company in OZ stock this item?
and how much is it?
I know that Brock Davidson Enterprises sell them for US$199, but of course postage and exchange rate bumps that up a fair bit
I would rather deal with someone here (preferably in Perth WA) but one of the other States would be fine
any contact Names,Web Pages or Email Addresses
would be appreciated
of course any experiences by those with the Mod would be great to

Brian Williams

I am not familiar with this at all. Can you give some details on what the mod actually is/does? Trying to get your 1/4mile times down ?
Hi Richard,
The Mod does away with the torque limiter in the clutch
it also adds heavier clutch springs which I assume compensates somewhat for the replaced unit
In reality it turns the clutch into what it should of been out of the Factory (a normal clutch) allowing quicker, smoother and faster take offs
After taking my Busa down the drags last Summer and embarrassing myself with a couple of stalls on the start line
I would like to do something with it
trouble is you never know how effective these things are until you have bought it or spoken to someone who has, and of course at around $400 it is a bit of a gamble

by the way if you think Demon starts are easy on a drag strip take your Busa to one and give it a go

check out the link below it makes interesting reading

www.brockracing.com/busa1.htm

Brian
hi guys

all you need to do is the BTL modification to achieve the take-offs and performance without the stall,,

for any info on this and a price get in touch with col in sydney (02-96029714), he does the mod installed or just the part for a fraction of the price you mention,,

les

PS this is not an ad or promotion i am just trying to help fellow club members
I liked the article, Brian.
Did it get the juices flowing ???
Just once you should take her down the Track
just for the fun of it
by the way the Black and Charcoal
are always quicker
Black is a combination of all colours so of course has the attributes of all the rest built in

Never mind
at least Copper was the first eh!!!

Brian
Black and Charcoal 2000
... the "defining" colour ...
G'day Guys,

Been out of action for a while, but now back on deck.

Brian, That's funny......... I dont recall seeing any time slips that you had "faster" than my Copper & Bronze, Was that not you that I hosed in one race? I must be colour blind after all!!!!

Let's do it again

Jeff
My memory must be slippin !!!!!
yeh now I remember
but clutch mod and different sprockets might make a difference (maybe someone else riding my bike to,NO CHANCE)
Jeff where did you get your clutch mod done ?
was it here ? Perth
did you have it welded ?
How much was it
and same goes for the sprockets
I`ve got the bug
and Spring is nearly here

Brian

Brian,
As you know my bike is bog stock standard.
I still have not done the BTL mod, but I will be getting it done by Ray Eason Engineering in Bayswater WA
Phone No. 9272 8300.........gotta get into the 9 sec bracket this Spring eh? Don't forget to get full leathers, cause once you go under 10.50 you will have to get a competition licence and from memory you are not far from the cut off. You will know when you run under 10.5..... when you get back to pick up your timing slip, this big gorilla will jump out from the officials enclosure and harass you about "NO MORE RUNS FOR YOU TILL YOU GET A COMP LICENCE".
Gary on the ZX12R really got him real mad when he run 10.01@222kph in jeans!!!
Look forward to seeing you there Brian.
Regards
Jeff
Sorry Jeff thought you had the clutch Mod done
I am looking forward to going down there again this season
Had a great time

and I would REALLY like a time slip with NINE SECONDS stamped on it
maybe we might be able to convince the spectators to have a race this time
(what do you reckon fellas? you up for it :LOL)
the parking lot at the Drags is no place for a Busa :EVIL

by the way already got me Leathers
now for that Bloody clutch

Regards Brian

Brian,
Which route are you taking to remedy the dreaded "clutch jump", weld or kit?. I would like to talk about these options with you. George (the 9sec busa) has the welded option and seems to launch fine. Have you seen how small the piece is that is welded? I was surprised when shown the finished mod when George's
gearbox was being rebuilt at Chapmans. This bike will really piss down the 1/4 mile. A full PTR work over has been done. If you get a chance to chat my mobile No. is 0402 888 564. My new email is jeff@pictonpress.com.au
Regards
Jeff
try just using hvdty springs in the clutch
\this will make the lock up actuate later(it will take more load to actuate)
G`Day MOTORHEAD have you had any experience in the MPS Billet ring and hvdty springs seems a cheap option
remember I don`t have a Turbo knocking out around 400 horses
just a stock standard 2000 Hayabusa
Hi Guys,
I did the clutch modification to my Busa yesterday.
It took me about 30 minutes to pull it out,a friend welded the two parts together & it was back together & running again in less than 2 hours.
The bike feels like it should have from day one now when you take off on it.
It is very easy to do & definitely worthwhile.
Glen.