Thanks Demeester!
On a recent trip to Bathurst I noticed an unpleasant noise on acceleration - to cut a long story short it turned out to be the chain showing signs of wear. A good dose of lube has cut out the noise but I am now thinking of replacing the chain. Im also thinking, how do I tell how worn the chain is? What's the best replacement etc etc???
I was thinking of posting something on the board then it occurred to me to check the technical section - of course, all my questions have already been asked and answered!
This is a long-winded way of saying thanks to all you busa owners who take the trouble to post questions and answers, and a special thanks to Demeester who keeps it all up and running - the board is a great resource and it has sure helped me out heaps.
Long live the busa!! David
I agree with you David, this site is an excellent facility, though it would be even better if more people contributed by posting rather than just viewing.

Just for interest sake, how kms did you get out of your chain?
I now have 21000 kms on the clock. I dont carry a lot of weight, nor do I pop wheelies, but the bike does regular track days and is ridden hard on the back roads. I havent checked the chain yet for wear as suggested on the board but I know there definitely tight and loose spots on the chain. By the way, back tyres - Bridgestones - last me around 5000 kms and Ive fitted 3 of them since owning the bike.
David