TASSIE TOUR 2002
Hello All and Happy Easter,

Firstly, I have missed you guys and all the bagging you give each other!! Our new computer crashed in mid-February taking out the hard drive and mother board - took 5-6 weeks to get warranty and repaired!! Had no access to any other computer so couldn't view or say anything - Bummer! OK, I'm back...(bloody takes ages to reset settings I tell ya)!

Secondly, just completed a short tour of Tasmania for 5 days. It was absolutely wicked!! Rode around the island anti-clockwise after getting off the Spirit of Tasmania. I saw a couple of other busa's going the other way during the days. Every year in mid-March a group of friends do this annual trip from 5 to 10 days depending on people and budgets! This year we left the women at home and had 4 bikes (BUSA, ZX-12R, ZX-9R, & VTR-250). Some absolutely awseome riding was made thru the hills and forrest logging areas!!!! We've got 6 hours of professional clear footage of a camcorder strapped to one of the bikes - AMAZING STUFF ...and the Busa did a little mono! You guys be happy to know during a 40km leg the BUSA came first ahead of the ZX-12R Ninja by almost 2 min. with some severe fast and stretches and some tight cornering and long sweepers around hills!! All went well til the last day when the ZX-9R broke down while trying to rush back to catch the Boat! The Gearbox had siezed in Neutral. Knowing what was wrong I raced into town off the freeway, got pulled over by a friendly cop for speeding (let me off due to my situation) and raced back with a SledgeHammer!! A couple of hard bashes on the casing and all was fixed!! Raced back into town, with friendly wave of Sledgy in hand at cop, then back into pocket, thanked Servo Mechanic heaps, and just made the Boat for Melbourne!

Next year I'll post the annual trip details if anyone wants to come, or reply if you want details to make your own trip.

Cheers, Peter

P.S. Anyone for meeting for lunch on Monday in Melbourne around St. Kilda for lunch somewhere? Too much easter traffic on road for a ride!
How about somewhere like Leos or the Stokehouse?
PETER NEXT TIME YOUR COMING OVER TO TASSIE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL TRY AND HOOK UP WITH YOU FOR A RIDE MAY EVEN SEE IF I CAN GET A BIT TIME OF WORK AND TOUR AROUND WITH YOU GUYS AS I KNOW QUITE A FEW GOOD ROADS AROUND TASSIE AS I HAVE LIVED HERE MOST OF MY LIFE
REGARDS
GREG
Cool Greg, Hopefully be there in March again! I'll call u or post on this site. We stopped at The Metz pub in Launceston. Apparently voted best pub of Tassie for 2001. I reckon it was due to the Hot Waittress's and Bar Chicks! Even the local Parking Meter reader let us off parking on the footpath out front cause our bikes looked awesome!
Cheers, Peter