New Sub Frame
Thanks Col for your input and a lot of great ideas.(I think I'll go and eat worms too!)I think the humor is still here Col but you have to keep your sense of it.

I have at no time modified my bike and don't intend to ,it's bog stock standard so I suppose I've only got myself to blame if the subframe brakes.

Anyway I'll see if the questions I asked ever get answered(remember them) maybe theres some behind the scenes work going on now.

Now if you will excuse me gentlemen , I must go and find myself a life, I'll have a look on ebay for a cheap one.

Thanks again ,
Mick
Kcufwit , dreamer ,looser and part time wanker.
(and proud of it !)

P.S. Andy Warhol has got a lot to answer for!!

This shit all started because people had / have genuine concerns about their bikes. I don't see any personal bias in wanting the supplier to provide a product as advertised.
But of course we can't complain, because then Suzuki will apparently have to charge us all more for the product because shock horror, they've been made to right the wrong.
So I guess we gotta shutup and hope for the best and for god sake don't piss off the corporates.
Bit weird Col from a man in the profession.

Either way, I wouldn't sweat it Mick, this is about the third time Col's got the shits over stuff all, acted superior, called everyone names, said seeyas all never again, then come back on as if nothings happened.

Gotta laugh, bit of free discussion shouldn't be an issue but remember the gratuitous personal descriptives when considering where to get ya bike serviced next time.

Keep smiling and riding, all we are after in the end, not too complicated.
Cheers
Steve M...
To you new members who had a go on this topic, I hope it doesn't put you off this site, you're not what Col said. Somebody calls for all the fence sitters to give their opinions, and then heaps abuse on them for doing so because he doesn't agree with them. My 8 year old daughter could have written that gutter language post, and with less spelling errors and typos.

Col must have been pissed when he wrote that last post of his. Either that or he has lost the plot completely.

I have to get off line now because I have to ring Balls Tuning and advise them to shut their doors because Col is the only one in this country who knows anything about modifying 'busas and therefore they are wasting their time.
G'Day Scott, yeah what you said.......

But time to lighten this up...

Did you hear about the girl who went to the chinese psychiatrist because she did'nt have a lovelife and couldn't seem to get a boyfriend no matter what she tried???

Doc' " You got Ed Zachery disease"
girl " What's that, sounds bad"
Doc' " Your face rooks ed zachery rike your ass"

Cheers
Steve......
"Lest We Forget" or how quickly we do ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well as most people that peruse the boards would have seen, the apparent sub frame issue has again reared it's head across the board topics of the land. The topic turned from not only the issue of the sub frame but then more to the treatment of them by "JP" at Suzuki, now I have no wish to become involved in a controversial discussion here but simply to state a few facts. Col states in a post that he would not have JP's job for quids.............me neither, and here's part reason as to why.
I personally know of two situations were the subframe broke on two busa's and claims were put into Suzuki, and yes they did break there is no doubt of that. But one was ridden two up in a "MONO" situation over a set of very rough tram lines and as a result failed, and the other broke after the bike slid sideways on the great oceon road and the sub frame smashed into a post. Both these frames were claimed under "Broken under normal riding conditions" from Suzuki. So sadly for who ever has this job at Suzuki, he has to try and decifer the @#%$ from the clay............and with everyone these days trying to get the "free fix" that ain't no easy job.
As for the "Lest We Forget" well I also remember a rider that had a very big get off to the point of thirteen months later is still walking with the aid of a stick, and had no insurance. This resulted in a bike that should and would have been written of, never to be ridden again due to the mammoth thirteen thousand dollar repair bill to repair it. A task was undertaken to repair this bike thru club members and fellow riders, the result was from memory twelve people out of approximately 140 odd members rallied to complete the task. Now considering the fact that the said "JP" was responsible for locating and donating over $7000.00 worth of parts completely free to this rider ...............as I say "Lest We Forget" or should that read..... how quickly we forget?
Sadly I hope no other rider in the future needs this kind of aid or assistance as I would say there is one person in particular that may not really want to give, where he did so before.
My suggestion and that is all it is............if you have a claim,firstly then be truthfull about it and secondly treat the person to whom you speak with the same respect and attitude you would like from them................. you may be very surprised at the results.
And no this ain't no paid announcement....... simply credit where it's due, nothing more nothing less.
AHC
I don't disagree with any of those comments, AHC.
Well said.
AHC, how do you personally know of these two breaks, do you know the owners of the bikes in question?
Look for CHRIST SAKE !!!

Is all this bullshit necessary, I only asked some questions because I was worried about the bikes safety.

I don't know the man (JP) he may have previously been a bank robber for all I know but it sounds like he took over where Mother Teresa left off , if he's helped out some one in need in the past, great, I didn't think at any stage this was a witch (or warlock)hunt.

But JEEEEZ what about some sought of response.

JP ---are you there?

Mick
Guys, quick update... thanks to the FIVE people who have responded with support (everyone else, don't bowl me over with your responses)

-In the US the NHSTA are considering a forced recall.
-We (AU,US & EUR) are gathering detail of owners and failures around the world and their stories.
-We (me & the locals) will get a letter off to ATSB by the end of next week... I'm delaying cause the level of local support has been strong but FEW.

Oh, no flame intended AHC, just a comment on "I personally know of two situations were the subframe broke on two busa's and claims were put into Suzuki, and yes they did break there is no doubt of that. But one was ridden two up in a "MONO" situation over a set of very rough tram lines and as a result failed".

I'd like to know the details of the bike owner. There are a lot of things that can be said about the should or should not of this behaviour BUT:

1. The Busa launches with a very small twist of the wrist, so landing a mono should have been factored in when designing/engineering the chassis.
2. The Busa is distributed all over the world, in various countries, sold to various riders to be ridden on various roads. Some of which are bound to be as rough and bumpy as a set of tram lines. This should clearly have been factored in when designing/engineering the chassis.
3. The Busa is sold with a pillion seat and of course, pillion pegs. It should be no surprise that people would ride two up.

It's a bugger that JP gets stuck in the middle (this should ONLY be whilst he's in the office though), but the reality is that the sub frame has failed. Not once or twice, but repeatedly. JP, nor any other person would be caught in the middle of the debate if Suzuki had done a better job on design and build. A fact that they have acknowledged through seemingly sporadic replacement and of course, the notorious re-design of the 2001.

We are now calling for Suzuki to make good on this design flaw regardless of warranty coverage or breakage and will be making this call via the bodies that were established to protect the safety and rights of the consumer around the world. I'm not after the Warhol glimpse, I'm just a believer that it is unreasonable to expect that the devotees of this brand/product are left to carry the risk, burden or cost of a factory problem. Making good can be as simple as recalling bikes for inspection to ensure the known fault is not present in each bike through to complete replacement.

It's the not knowing that is scaring most people.

Mick
Well said Mick.
Lets make this VERY simple.
There IS a sub-frame problem with 99,00 models.
Suzuki IS responsible.

P.S. Col, sometimes ego IS a dirty word!
Ah well, I had to register to stop lurking to respond...
I agree with Mick's sentiments (and Mick's)
And I agree with JP's sentiments
And I agree with Col's sentiments.
So I am in the middle of about three fences or four.
I just don't agree with the way those sentiments were expressed.
Regards
kevin
G'day,

Mayte, alot of BS going on in the above posts.
Col, were you on drugs or something when you wrote your post? I didnt know you were born with a busa engine and frame attached to your forehead, Damn, so thats how you learnt everything about them!!.

The enthusiast, home modifier, player, tinkerer, is what freaking drives the accesories/modification market. If you genuinely meant what you wrote, you have just lost all my respect thats for sure.

The is a discussion board people, discussion meaning exactly that. How unfortunate that people have different views and experiences eh.... !!!!

wake up!

Jes

Ok, it must be my turn to yell and scream...
You dont build a bike with 180hp if you dont want it to wheel stand,
You especially dont modify it if the frame breaks before any modifications,
Does col make money out of repairing sub frames?

Can you force people to post happy happy joy joy posts?