Here we go again
I awoke to read the headline on the local rag down here in Tassie - 'Speed Cheats' - I guess we know where this is going.

Yep front page photo of two bikes with pillions doing 202/195 km/h with they rego tags swung around to cover the rego plate.

Within the article it goes on about 'national push for compulsory front plates', 'motorcycles are under-represented in speeding figures' and so on.....basically the police representative categories all motorcycles as lunatics that need to have the law enforced upon them.

Well it looks like I'll have to push the 'bus' into the shed for a few weeks because it looks like all hells going to break loose with random bike checks down this way for a while.....damn and the weather just started to pick-up too.

Tony
hi tony

hmmm that's a bit of a bumma, quickly relocate your rego label to another location on the bike, in case the bastards track you down, there can't be too many busa's in tassie that match that mo,,

anyway, the swing-your-rego-tag concept has been way overdone, we just gotta get smarter, i can't see all busa owners suddenly freezing their right grip to cruise on 60-100 k/ph,,

my friend has a much better solution with electronic activation, expensive, illegal (who cares), but it works, turn on the speed - turn on the switch, let's get smart boys and fancy scarring the shit out of your pillion like that TONY!!!

les
Hi Les,

Just to clear things up it wasn't me that was spread over the front page just a ZX7 & R1 - if you were on a bus it would be more like 250 km/h+

The problem is that because it's a relatively small bike community down this way you know that the police will target bikes flat-out for the next few weeks.

Your right, its hard to be conspicuous on a blue/silver bus, they ain't too many of them down this way.
i knew that
If you use your rego sticker to cover up part of your number plate it's only a matter of time before you get caught & by doing this aren't you implying that your intention is to speed & avoid detection ?

This shit just makes it harder for the blokes who do the right thing 99% of the time & personally I am sick & tired of being pulled over for no reason other than to get the once over from plod, the obligatory "licence check" coming to mind !

Motorbike riding used to be a relaxing past time in this country, now it is becoming a minefield of hassles partly due to the actions of a minority together with squids who smear themselves all over the countryside with monotonous regularity bringing more heat down on responsible riders.

Hey rev01,

I agree with what your saying....

It shits me because it brings out all the nutters that don't know what motorcycling is all about...if it was available electronically I would link the editorial that was in the 'Mercury' today - it is absolutely astounding that they can publish such crap, its titled "Death on two Wheels".