GRAND PRIX !!!!
AWESOME, first time I've ever been able to go! Did the ride down on the Saturday from Cranbourne with the hundreds of bikes - really cool !! ......apart from being booked and almost losing licence past Lang-Lang from Mr Plod ... just gave me a big fine! You can really tell the difference between the 2-stroke and 4-stroke bikes when they're powering out of the some of those corners!!!! AWESOME !!!!

Can't wait for Superbikes!!!! Peter
I also had a great time. Down there for all 3 days.
What did you do to get booked? I succumbed to temptation and was wheelstanding down the road in cowes on sat night, saw the police ahead standing on the side of the road, shit, hit the brakes, and they just smiled as i went past. I thought the cops were pretty good for the weekend.
I to had a great weekend with no runs ins with the cops.wish I could say more for the poor guy in a wheelchair I saw a bike cop had pulled up for not being on the right side of the road out the front of the track.
Met Shaun Giles at the pub on Saturday night and he told me he also ownes a busa. "If I could, I would buy half a dozen and put them all in the garage" were his exact words. Gave me a few tips to improve the handling. It was good to hear someone that races gsxr1000's to praise the busa so much.

And for all those tyre arguments in another page, he told me to invest in the D208!
also went to gp. had a great time and luckily managed to avoid being booked (saw plenty of cops though).
I went to superbikes this year and i reckon its a better event - a lot more racing happening on the track and its great to be able to take your bike trackside. Plus, on the whole trip there and back we didnt see any cops.

I met Gilesy on a Scott Walker motorcycle ride day in the blue mountains (he came down from near lithgow where he lives to Richmond and joined the ride there). Really nice guy, and we were comparing notes about the suspension work done by terry hayes at shock treatment.
G'day Beestroyer, got booked for speeding 33km/h over the limit. Had stopped at the Lang-Lang Shell servo in the middle of the Saturday ride from Cranbourne to the Island. Our group had to wait for someone. When we got back on the road we were just past the end of the group. Took off, being good, but about 2km before the roadwork 80km/h zone, I just twisted the deadly wrist a second to overtake my mate, and next thing I know I saw a cop hiding in the centre of the road. He waved me over and wasn't happy!! After I get going, about 6 big bikes fly past me at 160-170km/h and it was like that the whole way! I just got picked on and VERY PISSED OFF!! Even my group of 5 said it was nothing - momentarily cracked the throttle. But I was happy with the cops down at the Island!! Kept the Local car Hoons away!!
Peter
Geat day,good weather & no fines, good racing etc etc. This thing just keeps getting bigger & better !!

Parked in the secure park again & there must have been
10 acres of bikes just there alone & thought Bracks must be crazy to stir us all up with his lousy $50 levy !! Cops at the track looked a bit grumpy, wouldn't let us turn left going out the gates to take a short cut to Cowes for tea Sunday night. Had to negotiate the traffic right up to the highway, big snarl even at 6 o'clock.

It seems that any pot holes in the roads are immediatly
tackled by applying 80KPH zones that continue for eternity frustrating ALL road users for no good reason.
Those v5's sound real nice, wonder how long it will be before we see a road going version ?

Roll on superbikes 03 !!

Great finish to the 250s!! Good turnout, too.
Yes I was there for the Big ride in Canny Sorry to hear u got a fine Peter when I got going I was doing between 100 to 160 all the way trying to catch up to a mate hoo was way up front & no cops. couldn't stay down there cos at to work that night went to Cow's stayed for a bit then headed home to bed and still no cop's