Pronunciation .......
Okay, I know this is a pretty stoopid question but help me out with an argument I am having with little miss can't be wrong...

How do people pronounce 'hayabusa'.

ie -

do you pronounce it "hayabooooooza"

or is it "hayabusa" - with no prolonged "oooo" vowel sound?

right, I'm for a strong coffee.......
I beleive the correct pronunciation is "F****N Fast"
Seeing it is Japanese I would expect it be Hai A Boo Sa - only those whackos from Fast Bikes pronouce it Hayaboozer or the Abuser ... .......
Thanks, Ah Pril Lee Ah
Good one Dey-mee-star.

Isnt it pronounced tyre-abuser?
I think the second "a" is supposed to be silent, and the "hay" is pronounced as a "hi" so it is actually hiboosa with the "oo" sounding like the "oo" in LOOK, not as in SPOOK. And the "s" sounds like an "s" not a "z".

That's what I think, but my sister is a Japanese teacher, so I will ask her.
thanks people. the young lady wins, yet again. argh.

well, I'm off for a ride on the Booooooooooooooooza.

Cheers.
Well after reading this topic, the first thing that came to mind was to play those 'buzer' commercials that many of us got hold of, and hear how it was pronounced 'officially'.

Some may recall quite a while back when Suzuki Melbourne kindly organised and paid for the copying of the Australian TV ad for all of us. Which then someone hosted and we all got to keep a copy.

I have the American ad as well, wondering if some newbies of the last year or so would appreciate getting hold of a copy from the web. So if anyone has them both and would like to host them please start a new topic and advertise them. Last time Fox did such a great job, perhaps his links still work?

Oh of course it features the most unique, un-restricted Copper/Silver. Still the best colour ever produced and those of us that still have them are'nt parting with them. Mine is over 3 years old and still running better than when new.

Found that link still works too. pub18.ezboard.com/faustra...=694.topic Edited by: Volvi  at: 12/12/02 7:05:38 pm
Thanks for re posting that Volvi, I'd forgotten about it. I had not seen it before because I couldn't seem to play it on the system I had before.

No problems now though.