Old Complaint with New Busa
as much as i love the colour scheme of my new silver busa, i hate the way it runs at the very low end,,

i am referring to the 'bucking' i'm experiencing under 2000 rpm in first and second at very light throttle openings, very much like the pink wire issue before it was first discovered,,

this 'problem' is nothing new to me as all the 5 busas i've had suffered from this problem as soon as i installed the after market cans,,

no one that tried was able to fix this problem, although when the pink wire was cut on my 99' things did improve, but not fully,,

the least affected was my 2002 which i just traded, on that bike it was almost indiscernible, but unfortunately, the worst is this 2003..... ballsy get your stethoscope ready............

You have the same aftermarket Cans that you had on the other Bikes don't you Les, I seem to remember seeing them on the Photo you posted.

I had a bit of a stumble on my 2000 with Remus cans, nothing too bad but enough to make the Throttle a little "Spongy" at very low throttle openings.
I have found on the 2003 with Stock Cans the Throttle is very crisp, very easy for transitions from no Throttle to any Throttle.
No miss, no "Spongy" VERY HAPPY!!.

I would think that someone should be able to remap the problem out of you Bike.

Brian

yes brian, same cans and i agree with what you say, i am already on a promise from balls as soon as i run her in a bit, ron is very confident he can correct the problem that many have tried to fix without any success.... and from what i hear from many of his clients, i too feel pretty confident,,

cheers
les
can't really believe this !!!!!!

just got the bike back from mick hone after its first service, which was carried out by this young guy who only just started his apprenticeship there when i bought my first busa back in 99, ,

now you all know that this is my fifth busa and unfortunately it was the one worst effected by the horrid low down flutters induced by the aftermarket cans,,

over the last few years many top mechanics with fancy dynos have had several shots at rectifying this "flutter" on my busas, without any success AND now, this somewhat inexperienced not-quite-a-mechanic-yet young man has to my very pleasant surprise got this beast running like a swiss watch with absolutely no hint of the dreaded flutter..... i am stunned speechless...
les

Isnt it great when something turns out like its supposed to!

I want to fit some Yoshi slip ons to my 99 busa - has anyone got any feedback on whether they had a similar problem to Les after fitting Yoshis? Cheers,
David
dmateer@bigpond.com.au
Easy fix. Ditch the poxy slip ons.
Go see Ron, get a 4 into 1 and a re-map and a race air cleaner and a few mods. You will "NEVER" regret it. Turn it into a fire breathing monster. Giddy up!
Just my 2c worth. (And 2 Busa's with over 50,000 klms experience)
Regards Phil.